Nasty Linemen

I know Cognito was one (no, this is not a "why did we release him?" thread), but given the team's lack of ability to protect the QB and/or our QB's inability to make the line look good, shouldn't we cut these guys loose and let them bash the hell out of the D line? Or is there no nasty streak in these guys? I always had heard Wood could be a nasty SOB, not sure I've heard that about any of the others. Maybe this "back to the basics" campaign will bring some of that out. I sure hope so.

I know Cognito was one (no, this is not a "why did we release him?" thread), but given the team's lack of ability to protect the QB and/or our QB's inability to make the line look good, shouldn't we cut these guys loose and let them bash the hell out of the D line? Or is there no nasty streak in these guys? I always had heard Wood could be a nasty SOB, not sure I've heard that about any of the others. Maybe this "back to the basics" campaign will bring some of that out. I sure hope so.

Wood has that nasty mentality for sure and I think Levitre has it in him. Urbik is the only other lineman we have that fits the "nasty description". If we can get Urbik into the starting lineup we'd have a good start at having that kind of identity.

If by "Nasty" you mean "Disgusting".. I can think of several. :thumbdown:

Bell green and Merideth strike fear into our opponents.

IMO in the coming weeks people will start getting off the Bell bashing, I think he is going to come around, Merideth may make a decent RT, Green on the other hand; if Green was sent to the UFL, as far as I know there are no forum boards there, but they would make one up just to bash him, he is just terrible!