Sully on Howard Simon this morning

Drew026

Well, Simon said he agreed with Sully's overall take on things so I'm not sure what you mean by "basically be right about it."

I don't always agree with Sully...But I think he's 100% right about the RB situation...I also think he's 100% right about Fred Jackson and Jeremy is wrong...Fred Jackson may have come from nowhere and it's easy to undervalue him, but he has that certain something...He may not have the overall athletic ability or breakaway speed of some, but he's got incredible vision and instincts...He has a knack for finding the hole and turning nothing into something...He won't show up on every highlight reel...But he's as solid as a rock...And I bet there are a TON of NFL Teams that would LOVE to have Fred Jackson...

As far as cutting Marshawn goes, no question I think he's wrong there...But that's his opinion...Sully thinks Marshawn is a waste...He's entitled to that opinion right or wrong...He's not the only one with that opinion either...

Like I said I don't always agree with Sully but in this case I don't think he's too far off... B-)

I have to disagree with you. I think FJ certainly has a role on this team. He has a boy scout/under dog personna, which makes him the polar opposite of ML, but if you look at the numbers, and I mean TD's, not all purpose yards ML clearly out shines him. It seems as though a deal is in the works for Lynch and I hope the team gets adequate value in return, but if it happens I believe they will regret the move in the long run. Only time will tell.

Sullivan is a moron. Why trade ML for someone who may not even play or for a 4th round draft pick....where are our last 5 fourth round draft picks and have they helped the team? ML is at a VERY favorable cap figure, has a couple more years on his contract and provides value to your team. Why trade him for nothing. I can't see a reason to trade a very good player that will help this team this year for a huge unknown that odds say NEVER helps your team, or at best is a ST player.

Sullivan is a moron. Why trade ML for someone who may not even play or for a 4th round draft pick....where are our last 5 fourth round draft picks and have they helped the team? ML is at a VERY favorable cap figure, has a couple more years on his contract and provides value to your team. Why trade him for nothing. I can't see a reason to trade a very good player that will help this team this year for a huge unknown that odds say NEVER helps your team, or at best is a ST player.

Listening to that interview gave me the impression that Sully would have wanted the Bill's dump Lynch even if he rushed for 2000 yards and was league MVP, solely for the reason that he abhorrs ML's off field issues. He seems certain there is no chance the kid can turn his life around, and there are a great many fans on this cite that believe the same. I don't condone what he did. He has acted like an immature punk at times, and has made some poor decisions, but he is a talent on the field who has not murdered anyone that I know of. Give the kid a break.

I have to disagree with you. I think FJ certainly has a role on this team. He has a boy scout/under dog personna, which makes him the polar opposite of ML, but if you look at the numbers, and I mean TD's, not all purpose yards ML clearly out shines him. It seems as though a deal is in the works for Lynch and I hope the team gets adequate value in return, but if it happens I believe they will regret the move in the long run. Only time will tell.

Boy Scout or not (and I'm FAR from a Fan of purely Boy Scout-ish players), I'm not basing my opinion on anything other than the Play on the Field. And it is definitely my opinion that Fred Jackson is a better RB overall than Marshawn Lynch...Not that I think Marshawn is a bad RB, and it's not a knock against Marshawn necessarily...Freddie is pretty darn good...It's awfully tough to judge either behind this O-Line anyway...Honestly, Marshawn has the better athletic ability, but I think in the area of pure knack and instincts it's not even close...At times Marshawn does FAR too much juking instead of hitting the hole and getting what he can...I also think Freddie is a better receiver out of the backfield because Marshawn seems to drop a lot more passes. That may just be my perception...I don't know...True Marshawn's TD Ratio is better, but Freddy averages over a half a yard better a carry and over a yard better per catch for his career...

As far as regretting Trading Lynch, sure that's a possibility...But it's still no reason to carry 3 RB's that could start for more than a few Teams in the NFL...Some folks think it does not matter, but do you think Marshawn or Freddie are happy about the current situation? Touching the Ball 3-5 times a Game? It's tough to get into any kind of rhythm...One of these guys HAS to go and obviously Marshawn should have the bigger Trade value...I'm not certain if the Bills are just being stubborn or stupid, but this thing has to happen and the sooner the better... B-)

I will listen to it later tonight. But if Sully really did say the Bills should CUT Lynch, then he is a clueless moron. There are teams trying to trade for Lynch right now. Why would you cut a guy instead of getting something in trade?

He did say that. Something along the lines that as soon as he didn't show for the voluntary workouts that since there was a new sheriff in town and he should set the example. (Not sure if he meant Nix or Gailey)

His opinion was obviously laced with emotion and not very well stated, and backed with emotional drivel. It was an embarrassing moment for him as a columnist.

Boy Scout or not (and I'm FAR from a Fan of purely Boy Scout-ish players), I'm not basing my opinion on anything other than the Play on the Field. And it is definitely my opinion that Fred Jackson is a better RB overall than Marshawn Lynch...Not that I think Marshawn is a bad RB, and it's not a knock against Marshawn necessarily...Freddie is pretty darn good...It's awfully tough to judge either behind this O-Line anyway...Honestly, Marshawn has the better athletic ability, but I think in the area of pure knack and instincts it's not even close...At times Marshawn does FAR too much juking instead of hitting the hole and getting what he can...I also think Freddie is a better receiver out of the backfield because Marshawn seems to drop a lot more passes. That may just be my perception...I don't know...True Marshawn's TD Ratio is better, but Freddy averages over a half a yard better a carry and over a yard better per catch for his career...

As far as regretting Trading Lynch, sure that's a possibility...But it's still no reason to carry 3 RB's that could start for more than a few Teams in the NFL...Some folks think it does not matter, but do you think Marshawn or Freddie are happy about the current situation? Touching the Ball 3-5 times a Game? It's tough to get into any kind of rhythm...One of these guys HAS to go and obviously Marshawn should have the bigger Trade value...I'm not certain if the Bills are just being stubborn or stupid, but this thing has to happen and the sooner the better... B-)

Just like I called the station after Sully personal rant on Marshsawn . I will repeat again. Jackson had the RB job last year and had only 2 TD for the year . The only reason he got the 1000 yrd was because of the Colts running for the Bus after the 1st QT. I understand the love around here for FJ because he is the little guy that made it . Fact is for the past 6 months NFL teams ( the true judge of talent ) has been harrassing the Bills FO about Marshawn not Fred . Why can't Bills fans acccept that 1)Fred is 30 makes more and doesn't bring more to the table than Marshawn . 2)Marshawn 24 (whom NFL GMs' want ) makes less than Fred and contract isn't up until 2013. We all knew that our O-line , O-coordinator ,QB coach was the JOKE of the NFL. But we as fans try to use last year as some sort of Yard stick as to who is better .I am sure the other GMs' around the league pray that the FO is that stupid so they could steal some of our talent. 3) If anyone remember the Offenses that Chan had at Pittsburgh it was Bettis and Barry Foster running it down any and everyone throats. The QB was a role player ( think O'Donnel or Kordel Stewart ). This is going to take some time people and Fred at 30 is not part of the long term . They are training /acquiring lineman(urik) to become more physical. I am sorry that people need to trash one RB to verify another but if we as fans want to look at the REAL 10 year problem just look at the front line. Everything else is moot. AS to the 3 RB being not happy........SO WHAT they are both under contract until 2013....... Marshawn might not be happy right now but complaining is not his style. FRED would never complain because this is more MONEY than he will EVER make. This is not RUSS BRANDON folks these NFL GM"s is no longer going to steal talent from our team again . NIX , MODRAK and GAILEY has a sound plan and no matter what radio stations that cover only Hockey and turn Football pundits for two days say or Sullivan who let his personal bias get the better of him . THIS TEAM IS BEING BUILT FOR THE LONG HALL and a 30yr old back is not in the long term plans .