Our Dear Braintrust

BenchBledsoe

The entire fan base knew that Trent was not the answer. The media kept harping on it all off season long. . . especially the national media. So, why couldn't our own coaching staff see that too? It was painfully obvious. But, I guess our decision makers didn't see the obvious.

This off season, what does our brilliant braintrust do? Sign exactly no veteran QBs to at least compete for job. And, wait until the 7th round to draft a QB in the draft.

I suggested signing Daunte Culpepper on this board in the off season. I got ripped on here so bad that it was almost funny. Now, I ask you, in your heart of hearts, could Daunte Culpepper really be any worse than the atrocity we witnessed at QB today?? Other than the prevent defense TD drive late in the game, Trent had about 60 yds passing. Culpepper could not possibly be any worse. He would have to be an upgrade based on the simple fact that he'd throw the ball beyond the line of scrimmage once in awhile.

I have to say, today I watched maybe one of the most disgusting offenses I've ever seen. The had about 80 total yards until the late prevent defense TD drive.

This brings up this painful reality: You basically are only as good as your players. And we don't have many good ones. This is a 2-14 to maybe 4-12 type team. Guess we need to accept it.

Edited by BenchBledsoe