Which Bill Has The Most Trade Value?

truth on hold

I think it's Evans, Spiller or Byrd.

I'm going with Evans because he's proven and has a lot of respect around the league.

Spiller has shown great potential in his first preseason __ but that's the catch, "first preseason." If he were #1 or 2 overall, maybe it would be enough.

If Byrd has another year like last and can stay healthy, with the premium being paid to DBs, he could be the highest a year from now.

Not saying I want to trade any of these guys, just curious.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'd say Spiller. Young dynamic RB who has shown flashes already.

Byrd has had injury problems, and hasn't been great against the run. Evans has been around for a few years, and hasn't shown much outside of being able to go deep (Although I think he will do more this year).

Evans has little/no value with his contract, he simply isn't worth what he's being paid. Byrd has limited value because he's often injured and is only in his second year, he also won't fit a lot of defenses because of his inability to play physically; I don't think he's going to be a good prospect in the 3-4 at all. There is a 0% chance that the Bills would trade their first round pick before he's even played a single game.

Edited by Section444

Spiller, Evans and Byrd are very logical names to bring up. However, the league doesn't place a premium value on RBs though a proven difference maker could bring more. The same can be said for WRs. They never seem to bring high value back in a trade.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Eric Wood. After QB, linemen tend to be essential building blocks for good teams. Coming off injury could dampen his value but by the end of the year I would bet that he would have the highest trade value.

Spiller, Evans and Byrd are very logical names to bring up. However, the league doesn't place a premium value on RBs though a proven difference maker could bring more. The same can be said for WRs. They never seem to bring high value back in a trade.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Eric Wood. After QB, linemen tend to be essential building blocks for good teams. Coming off injury could dampen his value but by the end of the year I would bet that he would have the highest trade value.

Thank the good Lord you are not Bill's GM.

Guest dog14787

Yup, Eric Wood is one of the most valuable players the Bills have right now in my opinion.(A healthy Wood)

CJ Spiller would be at the top of my list as far as trade value. For the fun of it I'll rank the top ten in my book.(trade value)

1.CJ Spiller

2.Lee Evans

3.Eric Wood

4.Terrence McGee

5.Jaurius Byrd

6.Donte Whitner

7.The Poz

8.Andy Levitre

9.Kyle Williams

10.Brian Moorman

Note: After the seasons over I predict my list to change with Trent Edwards being somewhere close to the top in value

Edited by dog14787

Guest dog14787

Thank the good Lord you are not Bill's GM.

Why do you say that?( not saying I want him as our GM)

Edited by dog14787

Isn't "trade value" based not only on what we have but also on what the other team needs? Another aspect is whether the player is "tradable" in that we really can do without that player. Bird, Spiller, Evans and others are essential to our playing well this year. Based on all that I would say the highest trade value (one we could lose) for a team with a need would have to be Marshawn Lynch or Fred Jackson. We would still have three excellent running backs, with Spiller as the number one and would have solid replacements, and Lynch can perform well and start for a number of teams in this league.

Took him out due to injury ... my guess is he has too much risk right now for another team to give up anything of value.

I'd put Levitre as most valued OL.

Spiller.

Evans' age and contract hurt his trade value

I disagree. When figuring out trade value, no one has mentioned a very important part if the equation: What the player cost the Bills to begin with. In order for Spiller to have good trade value, you have to take into account the position that the Bills drafted him. Do you really think anyone is going to give up a top ten pick plus additional compensation for an unproven rookie RB?

I disagree. When figuring out trade value, no one has mentioned a very important part if the equation: What the player cost the Bills to begin with. In order for Spiller to have good trade value, you have to take into account the position that the Bills drafted him. Do you really think anyone is going to give up a top ten pick plus additional compensation for an unproven rookie RB?

Would anyone give that up for Evans or Byrd?