If we played New England at home...

seq004

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could win any given game on any given Sunday at any given field. NE just happens to be in Bledsoes head big time, and he always saces his worst for them, except for last years fluke blowout of them.

We barely beat a crappy Miami team today!! I still do not think we could compete with NE.

We could win any given game on any given Sunday at any given field.  NE just happens to be in Bledsoes head big time, and he always saces his worst for them, except for last years fluke blowout of them.

We barely beat a crappy Miami team today!!  I still do not think we could compete with NE.

147051[/snapback]

Don't kid yourself about Miami. It was a intra=divisional game so you can throw both records being that it's a huge rivalry and they wanted this game REAL bad. I'm not so sure we would lose in our backyard to the Pats again

Dont worry about the Pats.  In fact, you should root FOR the Pats now that we'll be playing teams that you're competing directly with for wild card spots.

147096[/snapback]

Why root for them? There's no one left on their schedule that should be able to beat them...with the POSSIBLE exception of the Jets in Jersey, now that Pennington is back. That should be a good one.

Now how did I know this thread would draw you out, TH?

We expect a full scouting report on Cleveland from you. The CBS affiliate in Altoona (the other half of my split-screen today) cut to Colts-Titans early in the second half, when they decided the Pats game was getting too ugly....

Now how did I know this thread would draw you out, TH?

We expect a full scouting report on Cleveland from you. The CBS affiliate in Altoona (the other half of my split-screen today) cut to Colts-Titans early in the second half, when they decided the Pats game was getting too ugly....

147104[/snapback]

Cleveland is absolutely terrible. You guys should have no problem beating them at home. Their special teams coverage is poor, they cant run the ball and they cant stop the run.

They CAN however, rush the passer. Their Defensive Line can get pressure up the middle and this kid Luke McCown is pretty quick but is inexperienced and makes mistakes. If Buffalo can get pressure on him and keep their WRs from making big plays down the field, you should win handily.

I see the Pats won "in spite" of Brady, what with his 11-20 1 TD 1 INT performance today. :w00t:

147124[/snapback]

Is that how you see it? Unlike the Colts, who's main purpose this season is to get Manning a meaningless record, the Patriots decided to just run the ball down the Browns' throats as they could do nothing to stop it (225 total rushing yds). Brady didnt have his best game but he made plays when they NEEDED to be made and thats all thats required of him.

Is that how you see it?    Unlike the Colts, who's main purpose this season is to get Manning a meaningless record, the Patriots decided to just run the ball down the Browns' throats as they could do nothing to stop it (225 total rushing yds).    Brady didnt have his best game but he made plays when they NEEDED to be made and thats all thats required of him. 

147188[/snapback]

If no one can figure out how to stop Manning from getting the record when everyone knows they are going to pass, pass, pass, then all the more pwoer to the Colts. Are you a little jealous maybe??? :w00t:

If no one can figure out how to stop Manning from getting the record when everyone knows they are going to pass, pass, pass, then all the more pwoer to the Colts.  Are you a little jealous maybe???  :w00t:

147197[/snapback]

What could I possibly be jealous of? My team has 2 Super Bowl trophies and the Colts have what, a total of 2 playoff wins under Peyton Manning? Wake me when the Colts actually win something and THEN maybe I'll buy into the media hype machine about them.

Same rings true for the spongebath the Eagles get year in and year out. Who will they lose the NFC Title game this year to?

What could I possibly be jealous of?  My team has 2 Super Bowl trophies and the Colts have what, a total of 2 playoff wins under Peyton Manning?    Wake me when the Colts actually win something and THEN maybe I'll buy into the media hype machine about them.

Same rings true for the spongebath the Eagles get year in and year out.  Who will they lose the NFC Title game this year to?

147246[/snapback]

You brought the record up, not me. You had no reason to bring that up other than being jealous because he has more TDs than Marcia this year. It was a mute point until you brought it up.

You brought the record up, not me.  You had no reason to bring that up other than being jealous because he has more TDs than Marcia this year.  It was a mute point until you brought it up.

147253[/snapback]

I believe it would be a MOOT point.

the record is meaningless but the national media fawns over it. Its nauseating.

the only record that counts is your W-L record and right now the Pats are 11-1 and gunning for at least a first round bye in the playoffs and a good chance to defend their trophy.

I believe it would be a MOOT point.

the record is meaningless but the national media fawns over it.  Its nauseating.

the only record that counts is your W-L record and right now the Pats are 11-1 and gunning for at least a first round bye in the playoffs and a good chance to defend their trophy.

147259[/snapback]

Mute - Moot, who cares. I am not an English major.

First round bye, but it looks like the plaoffs may be going through Heinz Field this year and that is no picnic and you have not played an AFC championship game away from home on your two trips to the SB.

Mute - Moot, who cares.  I am not an English major. 

First round bye, but it looks like the plaoffs may be going through Heinz Field this year and that is no picnic and you have not played an AFC championship game away from home on your two trips to the SB.

147305[/snapback]

Dont let facts get in your way.

2001 AFC Championship game was played in Heinz Field.

Patriots 24

Steelers 17

Mute - Moot, who cares.  I am not an English major. 

147305[/snapback]

Steelers still have to get by Jacksonville tonight, that is no sure win...and I believe the Bills have a chance to beat them...two losses for the Steelers and 1 loss for the Patriots means the playoffs go throught Foxoboro...

And as for Manning going for Marino's record, ask Peyton and Dan what they would rather have a Super Bowl ring or the record....

Steelers still have to get by Jacksonville tonight, that is no sure win...and I believe the Bills have a chance to beat them...two losses for the Steelers and 1 loss for the Patriots means the playoffs go throught Foxoboro...

And as for Manning going for Marino's record, ask Peyton and Dan what they would rather have a Super Bowl ring or the record....

147329[/snapback]

Tell your boy Helmet about the record, he is the one who brought it up.

One loss for the Pats to the Jets in Jersey and one loss by Pitt and the playoffs still go through Heinze Field. Don't count your chickens yet, you might get bit in the ass.