Pro Football Focus review

cage

I don't think I had seen anyone post this,... its about a week old

Good News / Bad News

I don't think there's anything in this that we don't know or haven't debated. They're not anticipating a surprise season. This site is a bit more objective in their reviews than the other sites as they keep comprehensive stats on every play, position and player, so they have decent backup to their point of view.

Good News / Bad News

This site is a bit more objective in their reviews than the other sites as they keep comprehensive stats on every play, position and player, so they have decent backup to their point of view.

Thanks for posting. Good review. I check the rankings carefully because I think there's a lot too it. Last year, I re-watched a few games on TiVo with the PFF ratings of players on my laptop. While it may seem ridiculous to give a player a precise number for their performance in a game given that there's obviously a lot of qualitative judgments that go into the rankings, I thought found their offensive line rankings to be quite defensible.

I also love how they measure the pressures as a percentage of snaps the player rushes the passer. The issue with guys like Kelsay is not just the low number of sacks, it's being swallowed by a single offensive linemen on every passing down.

Anyway, I'd like to think the offense will be better in 2010 than they do and probably give us an extra win or 2 than they do.