Jets VS Panthers game

Art in PNS

Watched the game last night and if it was not for the Panthers Special teams turning the ball over 4 times It would have been Jets 0 Panthers 3 at the end of the game. Either the Panthers have one hell of a pass rush or the Jets vaunted front line was asleep, because all of the Jets QB's took a beating. Sanchez looked like Trent resorting to wide receiver screens to try and move the ball. Running was OK but nothing special. I need to check the final stats but deep in the 4th Quarter Total offensive yards were something like 112 - 116. Clausen actually looked OK, but had to throw the ball away a boatload. He had a chance to win the 9-3 stunner as he started a drive with under 4 minutes to go. Was effective, even ran the ball for a first down. Crossed the 50 with about 1:30 to go and threw an INT . Has a habit of staring down his receiver, but he does have POCKET presence.

Edited by Art in RTP

Watched the game last night and if it was not for the Panthers Special teams turning the ball over 4 times It would have been Jets 0 Panthers 3 at the end of the game. Either the Panthers have one hell of a pass rush or the Jets vaunted front line was asleep because all of the Jets QB's took a beating. Sanchez looked like Trent resorting to wide reciever screens to try and move the ball. Running was OK but nothing special. I need to check the final stats but deep in the 4th Quarter Total offensive yards was something like 112 - 116. Clausen actually looked OK but had to throw the ball away a boatload. He had a chance to win the 9-3 stunner as he started a drive with under 4 minutes to go. Was effective even ran the ball for a first down. Crossed the 50 with about 1:30 to go and threw am INT . Has a habit of starring down his reciever, but he does have POCKET presence.

Clausen was simply awful. 3.2 yards per attempt, ~40% completion, 1 INT, 0 TD. Facing a tough Jets defense obviously, but there wasn't one redeeming element to his performance in my opinion.

Clausen was simply awful. 3.2 yards per attempt, ~40% completion, 1 INT, 0 TD. Facing a tough Jets defense obviously, but there wasn't one redeeming element to his performance in my opinion.

I meant he was effective on the last 4 min drive actually. In his defense if his receivers could catch the ball his percentage would have been higher. They dropped quite a few. His yardage per completion might have dropped because a few of them were the long 2 yarders. FYI I did not see anything other than his ability to move in the pocket that was worth commenting on.

I'm not doubting you Sage…but just a question. Are you basing your comments from the stat sheet of from having watched the game?

I did see Sanchez' line (5-10 50.0% 12 yards 2 sacks 56.2 rating). Like Clausen's, it was terrible.

But Art did say that all the quarterbacks were under heavy pressure.

I'm not doubting you Sage…but just a question. Are you basing your comments from the stat sheet of from having watched the game?

I did see Sanchez' line (5-10 50.0% 12 yards 2 sacks 56.2 rating). Like Clausen's, it was terrible.

But Art did say that all the quarterbacks were under heavy pressure.

FYI Panthers had a defensive end can't remember his name but 6'2 , 250 pounds ( sound like anyone we know ) and he tore up the Jets line. He was the one one that sacked Sanchez twice.

FYI Panthers had a defensive end can't remember his name but 6'2 , 250 pounds ( sound like anyone we know ) and he tore up the Jets line. He was the one one that sacked Sanchez twice.

I think that was Everette Brown…who many here wanted to draft instead of Aaron Maybin.

He was actually still available when we selected Jairus Byrd and I wanted to draft Brown at that point because I wanted us to stack pass rushers.

Byrd looks like he'll turn out alright though, as long as he can stay healthy.

Went to the game last night and two things stuck out - Sanchez was horrific against a solid but not spectacular Carolina D and the very average Carolina recievers were consistently getting open against the Jets DB's. Matt Moore wasnt hitting anyone however.