Looked the same

I watched the game last night and I saw a lot of the same.

An offense that couldn't stretch the field. I'm hoping with O-line starters this will change? But everything offensively was short passes. Even the one deep ball thrown by Edwards I have a problem with the throw. It just seems that the throw has WAY too much air on it. Our deep throws alway seem to be a lob and hope that the receiver can catch up to it. Is this because the receiver is mostly covered? Is this because the O-line can't hold the rushers any longer and the QB has to get rid of it? I'm not sure but I would sure like to see the QB throw more of a laser down the field for the deep ball.

I see other QB's throw passes (not a lob or jumpball) to a wide receiver who is well covered, the corner isn't looking and the receiver makes the catch. I haven't seen that from the Bills in years. Just the deep lob pass that rarely connects.

I also saw a defense that could not generate a pass rush. I know this is pre-season but I was hoping for a little progress. Not the same old stuff.

it looked like the defense was using a prevent defense again. Is it going to take another year for them to figure out that it does not work. Could the middle of the field be more open, really come on the guy had a like 20 yard circle around him with no defenders. It feels like dick all over again, come on gailey get the dick out of your mouth and play some real football.

Bill, here is what I said in another post. I think it always addresses this thread.

I am not a fan of Joe Theisman but I would like to address what he said. He stated that the "Bills looked tired." I am not sure if I agree with his statement. However, his statement greatly concerns me. IMHO, the Bills looked flat, uninspired, lost, unmotivated, lacking toughness, lacking emotion, etc.... That is not what I expected from a Chan Gailey team. I expected the team the make many mistakes but what I didn't expect was the above mentioned. I think Gailey had a chance to make a positive statement to us fans. (ie) Our team is going to play hard, be tough, kick some ass, get into some fights, play dirty, and scream, jump around, show some emotion, and hopefully improve and win some games in the future. Instead, what I saw was a continuation of the Juaron era. He looked like a confused, lost, and dumbfounded coach on the sidelines. I know it is early so I hope things change fast....