FINALLY! An accurate assessment of Mark Sanchaz

The sports media is almost like the national political media. Everybody says the same thing and the reasons are so superficial. So the Jets are anointed as some great team partly because Sanchez was such a high draft pick and therefore has to blossom into a great QB. The people in the national media evaluate the Bills saying because we didn't draft a LT in the first round and because our QB situation is uncertain we have to finish last in our division and only win a few games.

Thirty years ago predictions of teams successes were pretty good by the national sports media. Now the predictions are laughable and almost never turn out to be true. Don't be surprised if the Bills finish with a better record than the Jets this year.

I heard Ross Tucker on Sirius NFL Radio this morning say a similar thing. He's not convinced Sanchez is a very good QB, and stated they will not go to the Superbowl with him as the QB

aside from bad games against us, i thought he looked good last year, far better than Trent ever did. He plays w balls, moves well in the pocket, and makes tight throws, deep throws. I am amazed anyone here could think trent is good and filthy sanchez isnt.

Given the the defense & running game, Sanchez may have had the best situation of any rookie QB ever. Given that, that was about as bad of a season as I have seen by a Qb.

I watched a bunch of Jets games last year. The way I remember it was that Sanchez started off pretty good, then really bottomed out when defenses figured him out. True, he had some pretty terrible performances. But towards the end of the year and into the playoffs, I saw him step it up. To my eyes, he looked like a young QB finding his stride and making plays.

His playoff stats (3 games):

41 of 68 (60.3%)

539 yards

7.9 yds/att

4 TD

2 INT

92.7 rating