Lets give each other...

...BJs?

No thanks dude. That's your biggest problem. It's like I said before, it's not your pessimism that turns people off, it's your pompous attitude and self appointed position as the Leonard Maltin of the message board. Reading a thread you've contributed to reads something like this.

Thurman #1: That guy sucks and people that like him suck

Troll: Awesome Thurman. I love your post and I couldn't agree more

Tonyjustbecause: I'm trying to be positive but I hate everything and it's hard not to suck

Troll: excellent post tony. You're the best!!

Random poster: I think we might be good this year

Troll: No, I'm not ok with that. That was a bad post. You can have your cool aid.

Hossage: Piss off troll, you suck.

Troll: <pissing and whining>

And you criticize other people after writing that. Looks to me like you're the troll, happily running around putting your own words in many other posters' mouths.

Pathetic.

What is wrong with this thread? Nothing. You and the other haters on here apparently just see this guy's name and go nuts. You all should seriously consider taking a few days off the boards and maybe going to Aruba or something and doing some serious chiling, because there was nothing to get angry about and yet you all react with fury.

I would hate to pick out my faves, because I have dozens and I'd hate to miss anyone. I just want to shout out to pretty much all of you here except the outright haters and say thanks for making my experience here good.

----------

MPL, I am surprised to find anyone ranking me as a favorite. But you're very kind.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, you posted this solely to get a response from people. You knew, 100%, that you would "start crap" by posting an mpl all star list. And If you didnt, then you arent as smart as you seem.

If you put 1/2 as much thought into some positive posts as you do bad ones, more people might find you as a better contributer. Constant negativity on a site where you are only going to get hardcore Bills fans will not get you very much respect. Try looking at the glass as half full instead of half empty for once. We have all suffered through the terrible and mediocre seasons as fans the same. People want to talk good about the bills or we wouldnt be on here.

Again, posting an all star list to illicit responses makes you look like you honestly want to only argue with people about anything you can.

No, his post was positive. If you don't like his list, he specifically encouraged you to post your own list. That would have been the appropriate response.

This thread uncovered some real haters. Disagreeing with his list is extremely reasonable. Pouring acid on him for posting it is borderline nuts.

I have never blocked anyone, in fact, I refuse to do so...however, MPL, buddy, come on! When it comes to the boards, when in doubt, shut up! Do like I do, if I need to vent or just want to ramble I write an entire post and than never post it. That way it is out of my system! I mean, half the stuff I think I realize that no one cares about, the rest of it has to be filtered several times.

I'll give you it plain and simple:

Go 2 months without starting a new topic. Than, go 6 months without starting a topic that is not reporting a headline news event for the Bills. Never mention someone else in a post and never provide more than a fact in any reply. Do not state your opinions unless you can back them up with something. It's simple and you'll gain a lot more "buddies" here.

So if he shuts up and stops giving his opinion, people might start to like him. Gee, sounds tempting. The people who would like him for that aren't the people I would care to impress.

"Never provide more than a fact in any reply." Are you kidding?

I'm out of this thread. An awful lot of haters for a completely inoffensive OP.

I honestly like these kind of posts.

Yes, they are a little silly, but its friggin JULY!!!!

Over the years of following this board I've noticed that the people who start these threads always get other posters to fall in the trap that this thread has fallen into - and it's entertaining!

Once again, it's July.

I honestly like these kind of posts.

Yes, they are a little silly, but its friggin JULY!!!!

Over the years of following this board I've noticed that the people who start these threads always get other posters to fall in the trap that this thread has fallen into - and it's entertaining!

Once again, it's July.

I can't speak for what has happened in the past since I am a new member. However, as the orignal poster of this thread, I can tell you that your way off in your assessment. Let me repeat myself again. I did not start this thread to create any drama, hostility, anger, trap, etc... I simply wanted to acknowledge some of the posters I really enjoy. I thought others may have enjoyed doing the same. It was nothing more than that...

I can't speak for what has happened in the past since I am a new member. However, as the orignal poster of this thread, I can tell you that your way off in your assessment. Let me repeat myself again. I did not start this thread to create any drama, hostility, anger, trap, etc... I simply wanted to acknowledge some of the posters I really enjoy. I thought others may have enjoyed doing the same. It was nothing more than that...

Fair enough.

Speaking of good posters, two posters that I truly miss are Fake Fat Sammy and Pyrite Gal.

They would type out pages of Bills analysis and I learned way more about the Bills and Football in general from them than from any ESPN anaylist.

Fair enough.

Speaking of good posters, two posters that I truly miss are Fake Fat Sammy and Pyrite Gal.

They would type out pages of Bills analysis and I learned way more about the Bills and Football in general from them than from any ESPN anaylist.

What happened to them? Sounds like I would have enjoyed them too.

Fair enough.

The two handles above were the same person (although it was Fake Fat Sunny) and can now be enjoyed by reading the posts of Grudgingly Pessimistic. /public service announcement.