Chris Hovan

DeeRay

No one's talked much about this lately. Many posters were welcoming a trade that would bring Hovan to Buffalo before the trade deadline.

Well, his play has declined so much that Ted Cotrell benched him last week...

"benched", as in "healthy" and "inactive". And, Hovan might be inactive for the rest of the season unless one of the Vikes DL go down with an injury. How's that for going from boom to bust?

looks like a free agent bargain to me, with a very small upfront investment........5 mins in a room with krumie and he'd be frothing at the mouth again, just like a few years back when he was drawing double teams........

if pat walks, i hope we have a long look at hovan.......he will come cheaper and is still young enough to rebound (i think around 26).......

FA always jacks up the price tag for younger players. just send spikes and fletcher to talk with him. if they cant convince him to come for less money, then forget him.

what ever happened to our DT 3rd round draft pick??

FA always jacks up the price tag for younger players. just send spikes and fletcher to talk with him. if they cant convince him to come for less money, then forget him.

what ever happened to our DT 3rd round draft pick??

142500[/snapback]

i think we have an exception here.......for examples, see josh evans and simeon rice.........both were young players coming off bad years when they first hit free agency, and both took two tiered signing bonuses that allowed the jets and bucs to get a low-priced one year look before committing long-term........

Hovan played his high school ball at St. Ignatius in Cleveland and is from my hometown of Rocky River, Ohio.

Just thought I'd bring that up. :w00t: I'd like to see him as a Bill.

GO BILLS!! SQUISH THE FI...uh, MARINE MAMMALS!!

Mike

I think that Hovan was on steriods during his good season.  He is that player that was so huge and so mean, and all of a sudden...What happened?

143066[/snapback]

He spent time with Ricky Williams and got introduced to Mary Jane?