OT: Made the Final Table in a 100 person

Buddy of mine came in 12th outta 152 at Turning Stone Saturday afternoon.

10609[/snapback]

It's a great accomplishment to make a final table in a large tournament. A 100 person field is quite large, can you imagine going through 2500 others like at this years World Series???

You have to have a few hands where you get lucky when all your chips are in and I did that yesterday. Sucked out a flush on a guy and my AQ beat AK when I hit a queen.

Buddy of mine came in 12th outta 152 at Turning Stone Saturday afternoon.

10609[/snapback]

I've cashed in that tournament a couple times, I can't wait till September when they get rid of the damn rebuys. That first hour (with the rebuys) it's not really poker. It's coin flipping.

Made my first final table in a live tourney in a while.  Went all in a lot and kept surviving.

I ended up 6th, got blinded out pretty much.

Still walked away in the money though.

10605[/snapback]

Congrats:)

Were you doing this just to get ready for our tournament this week? :doh:

I've cashed in that tournament a couple times, I can't wait till September when they get rid of the damn rebuys. That first hour (with the rebuys) it's not really poker. It's coin flipping.

10984[/snapback]

Yeah he was talking about them changing that.

He got knocked out when he was dealt AQ and then the flop was AQK. The other guy that played his hand went all in and so did my friend thinking his 2 pair was enough. The other guy was holding pocket Ks. Tough loss.

Yeah he was talking about them changing that.

He got knocked out when he was dealt AQ and then the flop was AQK.  The other guy that played his hand went all in and so did my friend thinking his 2 pair was enough.  The other guy was holding pocket Ks.  Tough loss.

10996[/snapback]

Yeah, last time I played in that one, I was in the top 15, short stacked. I went all in with A9 hearts. The big stack called me (bastard). We turned em over, he had A9 diamonds! lol.

Flop comes Heart, Heart Diamond.

I think I got the winner. Getting psyched.

Turn: Diamond.

River...Diamond.

:doh: