NFL.com power rankings got it right

daquixers

As soon as Manning wins 4 superbowls for his team like Montana did then you might have something.

Records don't mean stevestojan if you don't have a ring.  Ask Dan Marino if he would give up all his records for 1 ring and i bet he would say yes.

140527[/snapback]

It's hard to compare QBs from different eras because the game is constantly evolving and changing.  Some of the great QBs of the past might have trouble with today's NFL and vice versa. 

On another note.  I think Buffalo cracks Carucci's top twelve within a couple weeks.

140535[/snapback]

It's even harder to compare in the era of the salary cap. would montana have won those championships if they didn't have all those amazing players on offense AND defense? jerry rice, john taylor, dwight clark, roger craig, randy cross, tim mckyer, charles haley, ronnie lott? i don't even know who else they would have.

obviously one of peyton's biggest weaknesses (and coincidentally brady's greatest strength) is their defense. so should that become a factor in how good a qb is?

Jeez - you guys are nuts. Achievements aside - HOF Career or SB ring aside. Peyton Manning is THE BEST NFL QB ever to have taken the field. It's not a question of his achievements or rings - he knows football like no other QB has known football. He makes sick passes that no other QB can or has ever made. For pure football and playing the game - Peyton is #1.

Unless he can show me he can win a big game, he won't make that spot:

Top 5 (in no particular order):

Elway

Montana

Farve

Johnny U

Bradshaw

Honorable Mention:

Kelly

Young

Namath

Aikman

Brady/Marino

So that's 10 people I have ahead of him as a QB. To be a QB you have to win big games and lead your team. Manning is not yet in any of these people's leagues in that regard.

If he can win a SB then he will get in the top 10, if he can win 2 then he will be in the top 5 for sure.

Tell me anyone of those 5 or 10 people you would put Manning above and tell me why.

140517[/snapback]

Bart Starr should be on that list...

Jeez - you guys are nuts. Achievements aside - HOF Career or SB ring aside. Peyton Manning is THE BEST NFL QB ever to have taken the field. It's not a question of his achievements or rings - he knows football like no other QB has known football. He makes sick passes that no other QB can or has ever made. For pure football and playing the game - Peyton is #1.

140631[/snapback]

If he knows footbal like no other, Why has he continued to get beat in big games? Don't blame it all on his defense, he did throw 4 INT against NE last year. Until he can beat those demons, he is not the best....You are nuts!!! <_<