For the Sports Writers it's "Put up or Shut Up"

With the sports writers casting their "re-vote" for Def. R.O.Y. it's time to walk your talk or STFU for good on the topic of illegal substances and the players.

If Cushing is the top voter again, now that we all know his performance was enhanced with an illegal substance, the writers can no longer, in good conscience, ever, ever, ever write columns/blogs in a negative context about the use of illegal substances by a player. Basically, awarding a player an honor, knowing that the player won that award while under the influence of a banned substance, the writer is not only rewarding the player for consuming the banned substance, he is giving his endorsement to the use of illegal subtances in sports.

The Bills fan in me would like the honor to go to Byrd.

However, in this case, I can live with whomever wins the award, as long as it is not a player that has consumed banned substances.

With the sports writers casting their "re-vote" for Def. R.O.Y. it's time to walk your talk or STFU for good on the topic of illegal substances and the players.

If Cushing is the top voter again, now that we all know his performance was enhanced with an illegal substance, the writers can no longer, in good conscience, ever, ever, ever write columns/blogs in a negative context about the use of illegal substances by a player. Basically, awarding a player an honor, knowing that the player won that award while under the influence of a banned substance, the writer is not only rewarding the player for consuming the banned substance, he is giving his endorsement to the use of illegal subtances in sports.

The Bills fan in me would like the honor to go to Byrd.

However, in this case, I can live with whomever wins the award, as long as it is not a player that has consumed banned substances.

I agree. I am not on a Byrd campaign. It should not be Cushing.

Well, I guess the sportwriters are OK with athletes using banned substances. In fact, the revote is a defacto endorsement of banned substances by the sports writers.

I think it's sends a bad message to the athletes that are now in high school and college.