The New England drought.

Lets be honest, as much as it pains me to admit this, the Patriots have been the class of our division for the better part of the last decade. I can live with the fact that one team is dominant over the other three, and doing it for almost ten years is incredible. I know, we along with Jet fans and Dolphin fans dispise New England, but our take on the whole thing is a little more rabbid, and for good reason.

We were once upon a time a team who, ourselves, dominated the AFC East for the better part of the 90's when teams like the Patriots looked like, well, US now. But even when we were going to all those Superbowls, the Pats always seemed to sneak up and bite us every now and again. Just like now, the Pats are always the class of the division, but the Jets and fins have every once in a while snuck up and bit the Pats for a win, sporadically throughout the Pats takeover of the AFC east.

The Buffalo Bills have not beaten the New England Patriots since opening day of the 2003 season. Seven years. Zero wins. The last coach to notch a win against the Patriots was Gregg Williams. We have had three head coaches since then, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell. None have been able to even muster up one single win against that team. And, you would have thought 2008 would have been the prime year to get one, with Brady on the shelf and Matt Cassel starting, yet Buffalo struck out twice anyway, and even got shut out in that windstorm at home the last game of the year.

You can never change what already is, but you have to wonder what it would do to this group of players if they could've just came up with one win over those years. What would that have sparked? I don't know about the rest of you or how the team feels, but when New England week come, whether its a meaningful game or meaningless game, its like my teams biggest game of the year because we haven't beat them in 7 years. Hopefully Chan Gailey can, if nothing else, get this gorilla off of our backs this year...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Lets be honest, as much as it pains me to admit this, the Patriots have been the class of our division for the better part of the last decade. I can live with the fact that one team is dominant over the other three, and doing it for almost ten years is incredible. I know, we along with Jet fans and Dolphin fans dispise New England, but our take on the whole thing is a little more rabbid, and for good reason.

We were once upon a time a team who, ourselves, dominated the AFC East for the better part of the 90's when teams like the Patriots looked like, well, US now. But even when we were going to all those Superbowls, the Pats always seemed to sneak up and bite us every now and again. Just like now, the Pats are always the class of the division, but the Jets and fins have every once in a while snuck up and bit the Pats for a win, sporadically throughout the Pats takeover of the AFC east.

The Buffalo Bills have not beaten the New England Patriots since opening day of the 2003 season. Seven years. Zero wins. The last coach to notch a win against the Patriots was Gregg Williams. We have had three head coaches since then, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell. None have been able to even muster up one single win against that team. And, you would have thought 2008 would have been the prime year to get one, with Brady on the shelf and Matt Cassel starting, yet Buffalo struck out twice anyway, and even got shut out in that windstorm at home the last game of the year.

You can never change what already is, but you have to wonder what it would do to this group of players if they could've just came up with one win over those years. What would that have sparked? I don't know about the rest of you or how the team feels, but when New England week come, whether its a meaningful game or meaningless game, its like my teams biggest game of the year because we haven't beat them in 7 years. Hopefully Chan Gailey can, if nothing else, get this gorilla off of our backs this year...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

AMEN

The worst part is how agonizingly close we've come at times:

2005/week 8: Had a 16-7 lead midway through the 4th quarter before the Pats score, recover a fumble, and score again and win

2006/week 1: Up 17-7 with the ball in the redzone and a chance to extend the lead to 20-7 or maybe even 24-7 we are stopped after going for it on 4th and 1, the Pats come back and win by a freaking safety

Last year in week 1: Well, this one was recent enough, I'm sure we all painfully remember what happened there.

The worst part is how agonizingly close we've come at times:

2005/week 8: Had a 16-7 lead midway through the 4th quarter before the Pats score, recover a fumble, and score again and win

2006/week 1: Up 17-7 with the ball in the redzone and a chance to extend the lead to 20-7 or maybe even 24-7 we are stopped after going for it on 4th and 1, the Pats come back and win by a freaking safety--we're stopped by some of the worst officiating ever seen by man, including a sure TD interception return called back for an "inadvertent whistle", a no call on a clear offsides play on a key down (it would have wiped out a sack that led to a safety one play later) and a number of ticky tack defensive penalties down the stretch to keep Pats*' drives alive.

Last year in week 1: Well, this one was recent enough, I'm sure we all painfully remember what happened there.

Fixed it for you. That game singlehandedly got me really wondering about what else the Pats* have been up to in addition to Spygate, even before Spygate itself was known (cue Mr. WEO calling me a conspiracy theorist in 3....2....1.....).......