Props to the O-Line

maddog

Early in the year it was easy to rip the offensive line for their play - particularly pass protection. I was one of the rippers. Consider these stats:

First four games (0-4): 19 sacks

Last seven games (5-2): 9 sacks

I'm sure it is a combination of the O-Line, Bledsoe, McGahee, coaching & cheeseburgers contributing to the improved sack totals. Nevertheles the line does deserve praise for their recent play.

I would even go so far as to suggest their pass blocking is superior to their run blocking right now. I haven't seen any gaping holes for Willis to run through. Give McNally time though and he'll fix that problem.

Props to the O-Line!

Early in the year it was easy to rip the offensive line for their play - particularly pass protection.  I was one of the rippers.  Consider these stats:

I'm sure it is a combination of the O-Line, Bledsoe, McGahee, coaching & cheeseburgers contributing to the improved sack totals.  Nevertheles the line does deserve praise for their recent play.

I would even go so far as to suggest their pass blocking is superior to their run blocking right now.  I haven't seen any gaping holes for Willis to run through.  Give McNally time though and he'll fix that problem.

Props to the O-Line!

137757[/snapback]

Let's don't forget the walk. The walk played a role. :huh:

Early in the year it was easy to rip the offensive line for their play - particularly pass protection.  I was one of the rippers.  Consider these stats:

I'm sure it is a combination of the O-Line, Bledsoe, McGahee, coaching & cheeseburgers contributing to the improved sack totals.  Nevertheles the line does deserve praise for their recent play.

I would even go so far as to suggest their pass blocking is superior to their run blocking right now.  I haven't seen any gaping holes for Willis to run through.  Give McNally time though and he'll fix that problem.

Props to the O-Line!

137757[/snapback]

The last few week's better playcalling and the no-huddle and shotgun plays helped. You are right, few nice run avenues have been produced, and WMG has yet to exhibit a gritty inside game.

It was the cheeseburgers, pure and simple. They give you extra tailwind.

How about Price coming in and doing a decent job in Jennings' absence? I thought I saw Tucker in there too at times. Just hat on a hat. Mike Williams had a good game, and Teague his best one since his return.

As I posted in another thread, 6 McGahee starts=5 sacks (including the whiff by Henry in the St. Louis game). 5 Henry starts=22 sacks.

I will say that the interior of the line has been particularly impressive. The interior penetration has decreased significantly.

It was the cheeseburgers, pure and simple. They give you extra tailwind.

How about Price coming in and doing a decent job in Jennings' absence? I thought I saw Tucker in there too at times. Just hat on a hat. Mike Williams had a good game, and Teague his best one since his return.

137807[/snapback]

I think there should be a group trip to Tahou's for the remaining home games. :lol: If a cheeseburger can do that for a team, imagine what a plate will do. :huh: