Oakland Not Going to Draft a QB?

McBeane

Pass. Clausen has too many issues and is overrated because this is one of the worst QB classes in the history of the Draft. Buffalo needs serious help at both T positions on O and at the NT position on D. There will be top rated players at both positions when we select at 9. If Buffalo drafts a QB it will either be Tebow/McCoy (most likely the former) in the second round, or they'll draft one late probably after the Fourth round. Our lines need help. That's what we're going to build this year.

Caveat: If the Bills trade Lynch, and don't get an RB in return, Spiller will be the first round pick, and Buffalo assuredly will not take a QB before the Fourth round. They'll have to take an LT/NT in the second round and third round if that is in fact what they decide to do. Too much help needed on the lines to take a risky 1st round QB like Clausen.

Pass. Clausen has too many issues and is overrated because this is one of the worst QB classes in the history of the Draft. Buffalo needs serious help at both T positions on O and at the NT position on D. There will be top rated players at both positions when we select at 9. If Buffalo drafts a QB it will either be Tebow/McCoy (most likely the former) in the second round, or they'll draft one late probably after the Fourth round. Our lines need help. That's what we're going to build this year.

Caveat: If the Bills trade Lynch, and don't get an RB in return, Spiller will be the first round pick, and Buffalo assuredly will not take a QB before the Fourth round. They'll have to take an LT/NT in the second round and third round if that is in fact what they decide to do. Too much help needed on the lines to take a risky 1st round QB like Clausen.

I agree and disagree. YES Clausen sucks ass, NO It isn't the worst. I think the real studs will be found in the later rounds.

I think if Clausen falls to us at 9 it is a serious indication that he isn't the QB he's been cracked up to be. First, K.C. now has his mentor as the O.C., and if he were a franchise caliber QB why wouldn't they take him - it's not as if Cassell is a lock. Then, you've got Seattle, Cleveland, and Oakland - all also in need of a franchise QB. If every one of those teams pass on him then I would - from the point of view of a fan - really doubt his abilities. It's one of those situations where if he is as good as the media says then we'd almost have to trade up to get him.

I was talking with my son today while throwing the football around. He's only ten years old and he's got a good perspective - if you can get to the QB a lot, then you can create some opportunities for our secondary. If we beefed up our front seven on D and our O-line, we'd theoretically be capable of competing this year in the fashion of the Ravens or the Jets, leaving next year to pick up the skill positions. I'd be fine with that approach.

I really would like to see us get real good at one or two things this year - like turn the defense into a nasty, fierce unit with a decent run game... that'd keep us in enough games to make the season interesting. I'd think we could do that easier than trying to fix everything in one draft.

I guess we'll have to wait it out and see.

I think if Clausen falls to us at 9 it is a serious indication that he isn't the QB he's been cracked up to be. First, K.C. now has his mentor as the O.C., and if he were a franchise caliber QB why wouldn't they take him - it's not as if Cassell is a lock. Then, you've got Seattle, Cleveland, and Oakland - all also in need of a franchise QB. If every one of those teams pass on him then I would - from the point of view of a fan - really doubt his abilities. It's one of those situations where if he is as good as the media says then we'd almost have to trade up to get him.

I was talking with my son today while throwing the football around. He's only ten years old and he's got a good perspective - if you can get to the QB a lot, then you can create some opportunities for our secondary. If we beefed up our front seven on D and our O-line, we'd theoretically be capable of competing this year in the fashion of the Ravens or the Jets, leaving next year to pick up the skill positions. I'd be fine with that approach.

I really would like to see us get real good at one or two things this year - like turn the defense into a nasty, fierce unit with a decent run game... that'd keep us in enough games to make the season interesting. I'd think we could do that easier than trying to fix everything in one draft.

I guess we'll have to wait it out and see.

i dont think it has to do with the guys they have as qb's. i think it has to do with the fact those teams r paying a high salary for them. why would they spend more high dollars on another qb that may need a year or two to sit and learn. i could easily see them passing on claussen just for that reason.

Im courious to why half the board thinks like this? there r alot of qb's in this class that have put up monster numbers every year, were 4 years starters, and were in consideration for the heisman. And always had thier teams in the top 25, well barring notre dames lame ass defense screwing things up...lol. now me ,i think that is pretty good. especially 4 one draft. each has thier issues. and the later qbs in the draft have similar numbers to previous qbs picks in rnds 2-4 from years past. so i just dont get all the bashing?