Kevin Jones' burst

WILLIS

Man, for all of yall saying enough of the mcgahee speed questions and that he is fast enough...just imagine if this guy does get it all back...check out kevin jones today. The kid has some afterburners to accell through the hole and pick up speed...once Will is running like this we'll prolly just see 80yd TD run after 80yd TD run(well i can wish anyway)

sure wish we had some better foozball on today...lions and colts r somewhat entertaining teams but the cowpokies will just make me crumble my cookies.

I can't wait for the O-line to be addressed this off-season.  That will only help guys like McGahee, Moulds, Evans, and Losman.

133459[/snapback]

and why wasn't it addressed last off-season? pete kendall was out there for the taking and would have filled the hole at LG.....our division rival got him instead, and i don't see anyone complaining about their o-line.......

and why wasn't it addressed last off-season? pete kendall was out there for the taking and would have filled the hole at LG.....our division rival got him instead, and i don't see anyone complaining about their o-line.......

133461[/snapback]

Too much money, too much age, too many missed games with injuries. Plus he didn't fit the scheme.

Too much money, too much age, too many missed games with injuries.  Plus he didn't fit the scheme.

133464[/snapback]

too many excuses if you ask me.........looks like money well spent for the jets, while we struggle for consistancy on the line........

scheme? he knows how to run and pass block effectively......if that doesn't fit into our "scheme", maybe we need to change it.........

too many excuses if you ask me.........looks like money well spent for the jets, while we struggle for consistancy on the line........

scheme? he knows how to run and pass block effectively......if that doesn't fit into our "scheme", maybe we need to change it.........

"Too many excuses?" No, they're a bunch of reasons the Bills didn't go after him. The guy is 31, has missed almost 4 full games a year the past 3 years, and was given a load of money by the Jets. Beyond that, at less than 300#, he's a little light by the Bills' standards and his attitude was questionable after Green tossed him off the team. And it's not like he helped the Cards much, while the Jets have had pretty good O-lines for many years now.

"Too many excuses?"  No, they're a bunch of reasons the Bills didn't go after him.  The guy is 31, has missed almost 4 full games a year the past 3 years, and was given a load of money by the Jets.  Beyond that, at less than 300#, he's a little light by the Bills' standards and his attitude was questionable after Green tossed him off the team.  And it's not like he helped the Cards much, while the Jets have had pretty good O-lines for many years now.

133468[/snapback]

he is 31 -- so is villy, but that didn't stop the bills from signing him......

he has missed games -- he played more then villy did last year......

and finally, loads of money?? his signing bonus was a meager 1.39 million, and he's making the league min this year (660K)......that makes for a cap hit of less then a million, something the bills certainly could have afforded.......

i could really care less how much he weighs -- he's a better lineman then what we have at LG.......

i don't think his attitude was ever really in question -- everyone knew what green was up to with that move.......i think he's a highly respected vet in league circles.......

so yea, i would consider your "reasons" excuses.......i don't see anything there that should have stopped the bills from signing him.......it's obvious that his signing would have helped the team -- something i said the day he was released by the cards (with the accompying statement that i didn't think donahoe would pursue him because he was putting too much faith in tucker)......

Actually assclown WM is better.

133486[/snapback]

Iceman, you pick fights like this...why?

Tell me that you believe both of these statements:

1.) Willis McGahee has 100% of his burst back and will not get any more.

2.) McGahee has more burst than Kevin Jones.

I can't believe that you would agree with either of those let alone both. IF you don't, then why start a fight? You are in agreement.

:w00t:

he is 31 -- so is villy, but that didn't stop the bills from signing him......

he has missed games -- he played more then villy did last year......

No he didn't. Both started the same number of games (13), but while Kendall was activated for the last game of the season, he didn't play in it. And prior to last year, Villarrial hadn't missed more than a game since his 2nd year in 1997.

and finally, loads of money?? his signing bonus was a meager 1.39 million, and he's making the league min this year (660K)......that makes for a cap hit of less then a million, something the bills certainly could have afforded.......

Kendall didn't receive a signing bonus. What he DID get though is $9M over his first 3 seasons, with $6M guaranteed.

i could really care less how much he weighs -- he's a better lineman then what we  have at LG.......

The coaches didn't like his size. And they also thought they had a LG, or at least one worth giving a shot to in Pucillo. Given the above factors, I doubt they viewed Kendall as an ideal fit for them, and probably would have been better served keeping Ruben.

i don't think his attitude was ever really in question -- everyone knew what green was up to with that move.......i think he's a highly respected vet in league circles.......

It could have been a Ruben type of thing with Kendall, i.e. he needed a change of scenery. But add this to one of the REASONS that made him unattractive to the Bills.

I think the Bills realize they have a need at LG now, and may need to address other areas as well. Considering the "skill positions" are pretty much set on offense, and the defense will be returning entirely intact and have some good and promising players on it, the Bills SHOULD be thinking about upgrading the O-line.

Iceman, you pick fights like this...why?

Tell me that you believe both of these statements:

1.) Willis McGahee has 100% of his burst back and will not get any more.

2.) McGahee has more burst than Kevin Jones.

I can't believe that you would agree with either of those let alone both. IF you don't, then why start a fight? You are in agreement.

:w00t:

133497[/snapback]

Well when someone starts with the 'dipshit' comment then I respond.