Wonderlic Odds

LaDairis

The Wonderlic test is a 50 question multiple choice test given to every attendee at the Combine. Hence, if you could teach a parrot to say "A" 50 times, the parrot would theoretically score a 10 (random guessing = 1 out of 5). Tracy Porter, NO's best corner, scored a 4. That's about the most recent "low" on record. Last year, Tenn DT DeMonte Bolden got a 5.

The rules for the DUMBEST TEAM comp are that the team that scores the most positional lows on the Wonderlic at the Combine gets the title. For years, that was always either the Cokes, Gators, or CrimiNoles, but times have changed, as the Cokes and CrimiNoles just aren't putting enough dummies at the combine to contend. Them Gators, however, are loaded this year.

Last year, in a shocker, LSU and Nevada tied with 2 each, Nevada actually having only two at the combine, a stunning 2 for 2 in dumbest player by position. LSU was one point away at OG, as Herman Johnson, the biggest OG at the combine, was one point shy from being also THE DUMBEST OG. Ray Feinga permanently stained BYU with a 12, edging Herman's 13.

Current 2010 Wonderlic Odds

1. Gators 3-1

2. LSU 4-1

3. University Somewhere in FLA 4-1 (you can't call it "South" Florida when it is in the NORTHERN HALF of the state of FloriDUH - Tampa is NOT in "south" FLA)

4. Onor Ul 7-1 (them Okies don't know how to spell Honor Roll)

Rest of Field 25-1

Are you sure that scoring is correct? If that was the case, then a score of 2 would show the same intelligence at a score of 10, just with some bad luck thrown in. I don't think that is how it works, since I've heard that '10' indicates basic literacy, and lower than that is indicative of something less.

Do they deduct points for wrong answers to discourage guessing, like on most standardized tests I know of?

The Wonderlic test is a 50 question multiple choice test given to every attendee at the Combine. Hence, if you could teach a parrot to say "A" 50 times, the parrot would theoretically score a 10 (random guessing = 1 out of 5). Tracy Porter, NO's best corner, scored a 4. That's about the most recent "low" on record. Last year, Tenn DT DeMonte Bolden got a 5.

The rules for the DUMBEST TEAM comp are that the team that scores the most positional lows on the Wonderlic at the Combine gets the title. For years, that was always either the Cokes, Gators, or CrimiNoles, but times have changed, as the Cokes and CrimiNoles just aren't putting enough dummies at the combine to contend. Them Gators, however, are loaded this year.

Last year, in a shocker, LSU and Nevada tied with 2 each, Nevada actually having only two at the combine, a stunning 2 for 2 in dumbest player by position. LSU was one point away at OG, as Herman Johnson, the biggest OG at the combine, was one point shy from being also THE DUMBEST OG. Ray Feinga permanently stained BYU with a 12, edging Herman's 13.

Current 2010 Wonderlic Odds

1. Gators 3-1

2. LSU 4-1

3. University Somewhere in FLA 4-1 (you can't call it "South" Florida when it is in the NORTHERN HALF of the state of FloriDUH - Tampa is NOT in "south" FLA)

4. Onor Ul 7-1 (them Okies don't know how to spell Honor Roll)

Rest of Field 25-1

Are you sure that scoring is correct? If that was the case, then a score of 2 would show the same intelligence at a score of 10, just with some bad luck thrown in. I don't think that is how it works, since I've heard that '10' indicates basic literacy, and lower than that is indicative of something less.

Do they deduct points for wrong answers to discourage guessing, like on most standardized tests I know of?

No. Its out of 50 and its timed, with each question getting harder as you go on. The Qs are similiar to an SAT quetion - both English, Math, and problem solving Qs. Having just gotten out of college, I have had to take the wonderlic a couple times for companies on interviews.

If you can operate a crayon safely you can get at least a 10 on that test. If you have never taken it you have no idea how dumb one would have to be to get in the single digits. I mean really, four? That literally means he cannot add, subtract, or read. The first few questions are that easy.

Example:

If you have four red balls, how many balls do you have?

A) purple

B) fore

C) 4

D) red

That would be the 15th easiest quetion on the test, mean there would be 14 easier than that one.

No. Its out of 50 and its timed, with each question getting harder as you go on. The Qs are similiar to an SAT quetion - both English, Math, and problem solving Qs. Having just gotten out of college, I have had to take the wonderlic a couple times for companies on interviews.

If you can operate a crayon safely you can get at least a 10 on that test. If you have never taken it you have no idea how dumb one would have to be to get in the single digits. I mean really, four? That literally means he cannot add, subtract, or read. The first few questions are that easy.

Example:

If you have four red balls, how many balls do you have?

A) purple

B) fore

C) 4

D) red

That would be the 15th easiest quetion on the test, mean there would be 14 easier than that one.

Several last year got "12 out of 50" as if they answered a few easy ones and then marked "A" "A" "A" for every other answer.

Even with gigantic money at stake?

personal interviews mean more than the wonderlic, a lot of these guys dont give a hoot about that test, they int. with teams, show their physical talents, and still get drafted, that test is fairly pointless for a lot of positions

The Greatest Wonderlic Comeback - 2005

Usually the results are announced with the defense first, starting with safeties and ending with QBs.

In 2005, the CrimiNoles stole the early lead as Jerome Carter got the lowest score for a strong safety. The CrimiNoles struck again at DE with Eric Moore's 9. The Gators then just CHOMPED into the action at OT with Jon Colon's 12.

With the score

CrimiNoles 2

Gators 1

Cokes 0

it did not look good for Miami. Under pressure, the Cokes rallied big time...

TE Kevin Everett "Da U" 12 (a loud "Go Caines!!" erupts from the crowd)

WR Roscoe Parrish "Da U" 10 (Them Bills... but... just like that the Cokes and CrimiNoles are tied)

RB Frank Gore "Da U" 6 .... no comment needed, simply a phenomenal comeback by the Cokes

QB Brock Berlin "Da U" 13 ... icing on the cake (footnote: UF transfer)

Final Score

Cokes 4

CrimiNoles 2

Gators 1+ (partial credit for Brock Berlin)

Can I just say that this thread is AWESOME.

I have my money on LSU. I just have a feeling!

Several years ago, LSU at Vandy, it was announce that the LSU "student athlete of the game" was the 3rd string TE.

Color commentator Fred G Sanford: "Third string TE?? The LSU student athlete of the game is the third string TE? Well, all that proves is that everybody on the LSU first string... and everybody on the LSU second string, is too much of a

BIG DUMMY

to qualify as a "student." I, I bet that's the only reason why he's on the team, because some games have that "student athlete of the game," and that's...

Play by play announcer Lamont Sanford: OH WILL YOU SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!