quick fix at left tackle

bkc

what kind of pick do you think it would take to get it done ?

Fifth in a series of positional reviews from the Patriots’ 2009 season:

Offensive tackles: Matt Light, Sebastian Vollmer, Nick Kaczur, Mark LeVoir

Stat check: Light started 12 games at left tackle, with Vollmer starting five during a mid-season stretch in which Light was injured. Kaczur started the first 13 games of the season at right tackle, before Vollmer replaced him for the final four when Kaczur injured his shoulder.

First instinct: Vollmer, who many felt was a reach as a late second-round draft choice (58th overall) because scouting guides rated him as a late-rounder or free-agent type, looks like a big hit in the draft.

Storyline not be overlooked: Vollmer’s rapid ascent. One of his strong performances came against the Colts and dangerous end Dwight Freeney.

Future: Light enters the final year of his contract and is scheduled to earn $4.5 million, which management might deem too rich with Vollmer waiting in the wings. Kaczur signed an extension through 2012, while LeVoir was extended through 2011. Vollmer is signed through 2012.

Final thought: Bill Belichick made the point multiple times during the season that he views Light as a left tackle. So when considering the best combination of tackles for 2010, Light possibly flipping to the right side doesn’t seem like it is on the team’s radar. Thus, one of the top questions in this area for the Patriots is whether they view Vollmer as an upgrade at left tackle at this time, or if they want to wait one more year to make that move.

POSITIONAL QUICK HITS

My thoughts are that the quickest way for the Bills to become competitive would be to pick up the best avail LT in Free Agency, draft the best avail. DT in the draft in first round, and then trade for McNabb. I am not a BIG fan of McNabb at this stage in his career - but he fills a need - for the short term.

There is a lot there, but Matt Light would be a first step I could agree with.

ETA: I suspect Light may very well be released making him avail. to sign as a FA.

My thoughts are that the quickest way for the Bills to become competitive would be to pick up the best avail LT in Free Agency, draft the best avail. DT in the draft in first round, and then trade for McNabb. I am not a BIG fan of McNabb at this stage in his career - but he fills a need - for the short term.

There is a lot there, but Matt Light would be a first step I could agree with.

ETA: I suspect Light may very well be released making him avail. to sign as a FA.

If he is released he would be a nice stop gap guy , at least we do not have reach to a left tackle in the draft. We ruin our draft every year by reaching for need

I would take davis but if he an okung are gone i am fine with Mcclain

If he is released he would be a nice stop gap guy , at least we do not have reach to a left tackle in the draft. We ruin our draft every year by reaching for need

I would take davis but if he an okung are gone i am fine with Mcclain

I'd prefer john mcclane