Pierre Garcon could teach T.O./The Bills a thing about effort

billsfreak

Before that play where Manning threw the ball to Garcon and it was picked off by Ed Reed, then Garcon chased him down and made him fumble, even ended, I thought of the lack of effort that Owens puts in on plays that were picked off or even the lack of effort to catch a poorly thrown ball. T.O. would just throw his arms up in disgust with his "It's all about me" attitude, while the defender with the ball would be running up field. Hell, that play by itself kinda shows the difference between a team that is a winning organization and a team like the Bills that have been spinning their wheels in muddy manure and rarely even achieving mediocrity, much less success. I am not saying that nobody on the Bills gives an effort, because there are some, but that overall team mentality comes from the organization and coaching staff as much as the players themselves. As long as this ownership and front office are in place we will be a team struggling to be competitive, while year in and year out, teams like the Colts are playing for championships.

If Garcon was on the Bills he probably would have had to phone Ralph up from the field and make sure Ralph would be ok with the move to force a fumble.

We don't have to worry about that though, Ralph will never hire a football mind with know how to find players like Garcon in the draft.

Don Beebe.

The Bills failings IMO have nothing to do with the effort of the players. Given the demoralizing context our players toil in, I think their effort has been exemplary. Whatever Thurman might say, I hadn't seen/noticed any of our players dogging it this year.

My point exactly, thank you for pointing out the fact that even the knowledgeable Bills fans have to go back almost 20 years to point out a play with that type of effort. Those Bills teams were successful, I was talking about the last decade or so of losers.

Before that play where Manning threw the ball to Garcon and it was picked off by Ed Reed, then Garcon chased him down and made him fumble, even ended, I thought of the lack of effort that Owens puts in on plays that were picked off or even the lack of effort to catch a poorly thrown ball. T.O. would just throw his arms up in disgust with his "It's all about me" attitude, while the defender with the ball would be running up field. Hell, that play by itself kinda shows the difference between a team that is a winning organization and a team like the Bills that have been spinning their wheels in muddy manure and rarely even achieving mediocrity, much less success. I am not saying that nobody on the Bills gives an effort, because there are some, but that overall team mentality comes from the organization and coaching staff as much as the players themselves. As long as this ownership and front office are in place we will be a team struggling to be competitive, while year in and year out, teams like the Colts are playing for championships.

:wallbash::thumbsup:

The much maligned duo of Donte Whitner and Marshawn Lynch have made tremendous hustle plays in the last few years. Both plays ended with opponents touchdowns but were nevertheless, great hustle plays.

The only glaring lack of effort plays I recall from this year was TOs repeated failures in not even trying to battle for underthrown balls.