Nix and Frazier

drhockey

So, if we are read the writing on the wall at this point (and, yes, i know things can change fairly quickly), it looks like the betting odds are on it being the combination of Nix and Frazier as GM/HC.

I know that our collective disappointment has been beaten to death, but man, how many of us believed that this would be the likely result of all of this? What a kick in the face this would be (in my opinion).

Think of the range of emotions we've had to endure over the past couple of months. I mean, we all were elated at the firing of Jauron in mid-November. Then, the Bills fire out of the gate with the Shanahan meeting. At that point, most of us are feeling "they may actually get this one right and finally realize that a major move is necessary."

In between Shanny and Xmas, the rumor mill was churning that the Bills were at least reaching out to the big shots to gauge interest. Again, we're still feeling that optimism, albeit a cautious approach.

NYE comes and we are greeted with the somewhat surprising appointment of Nix. The "interview process" was more than surprising to most of us, i would say. That "process" steered most of us back to the "hear we go again..it's the Bills and that's how they operate" feeling. Optimism quickly shifted to fear.

Nix seeemed to say the right things at the press conference and made us inch back toward optimism. Now, after seeing the progress, or lack thereof, the general feeling within a good portion of is now come full circle back to dread, which is where we were after getting blasted by the Titans on Nov. 15.

I understand that it can all change in an instant, but it is grueling and exhausting on us to go through such a roller coaster of emotions only to be left dissapointed in the end (the likely scenario). Especially, at a time where we all know that they needed to hit a home run with the management and head coaching changes. Ugh.

I just had to get this off my chest. I know it's nothing new, but the dread that i feel is turning into frustration that is boiling over. I can only hope that we somehow get lucky or be pleasantly surpised with the outcome. Otherwise, it is going to be another painful stretch of time.

So, if we are read the writing on the wall at this point (and, yes, i know things can change fairly quickly), it looks like the betting odds are on it being the combination of Nix and Frazier as GM/HC.

I know that our collective disappointment has been beaten to death, but man, how many of us believed that this would be the likely result of all of this? What a kick in the face this would be (in my opinion).

Think of the range of emotions we've had to endure over the past couple of months. I mean, we all were elated at the firing of Jauron in mid-November. Then, the Bills fire out of the gate with the Shanahan meeting. At that point, most of us are feeling "they may actually get this one right and finally realize that a major move is necessary."

In between Shanny and Xmas, the rumor mill was churning that the Bills were at least reaching out to the big shots to gauge interest. Again, we're still feeling that optimism, albeit a cautious approach.

NYE comes and we are greeted with the somewhat surprising appointment of Nix. The "interview process" was more than surprising to most of us, i would say. That "process" steered most of us back to the "hear we go again..it's the Bills and that's how they operate" feeling. Optimism quickly shifted to fear.

Nix seeemed to say the right things at the press conference and made us inch back toward optimism. Now, after seeing the progress, or lack thereof, the general feeling within a good portion of is now come full circle back to dread, which is where we were after getting blasted by the Titans on Nov. 15.

I understand that it can all change in an instant, but it is grueling and exhausting on us to go through such a roller coaster of emotions only to be left dissapointed in the end (the likely scenario). Especially, at a time where we all know that they needed to hit a home run with the management and head coaching changes. Ugh.

I just had to get this off my chest. I know it's nothing new, but the dread that i feel is turning into frustration that is boiling over. I can only hope that we somehow get lucky or be pleasantly surpised with the outcome. Otherwise, it is going to be another painful stretch of time.

more then anything, that last win of the season seems ages ago. it was a fun game. it was fun seeing hte players enjoying themselves in the snow. it reminds you of what playoff football in buffalo is supposed to be like. We need help on offense big time. Frazier is fine, a dominant defense is nice, but in the end, we need a competent OC. Mularkey wasn't it, AVP wasn't, etc.

There aren't many offensive minds out there, so Fassel or Martz for OC might be nice. I still like Trestmant as HC though.

:devil:

Link

I agree 100 percent