The market for Travis Henry

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to get a high pick for Henry, you'd have to find a GM that was willing to ignore the fact that the guy got benched for a 2nd year NFL player who essentially didn't play his first year and instead concentrate on hoping that the player will revert to form and achieve past statistics from the first half of his career.

You know what that means....

Tom Donahoe's Seceretary: Hello?

Tom Donahoe: Get me Tom Donahoe on the phone! Stat!

In order to get a high pick for Henry, you'd have to find a GM that was willing to ignore the fact that the guy got benched for a 2nd year NFL player who essentially didn't play his first year and instead concentrate on hoping that the player will revert to form and achieve past statistics from the first half of his career.

123359[/snapback]

Of course no team would do that......except that crappy team....whats there names...Oh Yea the Patriots....

Remember Dillon was benched for Rudi Johnson last season.....

Of course no team would do that......except that crappy team....whats there names...Oh Yea the Patriots....

Remember Dillon was benched for Rudi Johnson last season.....

123415[/snapback]

That’s actually not a bad one Yoooo. Good catch. :rolleyes:

The only problem is that Belichick/Pioli can judge talent and figure out who will fit in with their team a lot better than Donahoe. Also, as noted above, this was a trade for pick 64 specifically and not a generic second rounder.

Running backs sometimes have big years the year after they are lightly used (Dillon and Smith for the Pats, Stephen Davis on the Panthers), but there are so many fundamental issues with Henry (blocking, fumbles, pass receiving, attitude, blocking, blocking) that I don’t see anyone giving them more than a fourth rounder for him.

That’s actually not a bad one Yoooo. Good catch.  :rolleyes:

The only problem is that Belichick/Pioli can judge talent and figure out who will fit in with their team a lot better than Donahoe. Also, as noted above, this was a trade for pick 64 specifically and not a generic second rounder.

Running backs sometimes have big years the year after they are lightly used (Dillon and Smith for the Pats, Stephen Davis on the Panthers), but there are so many fundamental issues with Henry (blocking, fumbles, pass receiving, attitude, blocking, blocking) that I don’t see anyone giving them more than a fourth rounder for him.

123471[/snapback]

Well like i posted before i think we will get a pick between 50-75 for Henry(late 2nd to early 3rd).....We will have to wait and see how this offseason plays out...

As for Henry's faults....Dillon had the same issues, except for fumbling....which Henry has improved, the past season and a half......I guess we will see what Henry will yield us in the offseason...

Well like i posted before i think we will get a pick between 50-75 for Henry(late 2nd to early 3rd).....We will have to wait and see how this offseason plays out...

As for Henry's faults....Dillon had the same issues, except for fumbling....which Henry has improved, the past season and a half......I guess we will see what Henry will yield us in the offseason...

123499[/snapback]

Now there I must disagree – Dillon’s only real problem was attitude. You can’t be serious when you claim they both had problems with blocking? Dillon is at worst above average. He’s good at blitz pickups, good at chucking and running, and very physical in that aspect of the game. Despite his malcontent status, Dillon is an excellent fundamental player. Henry is probably the worst tailback I have ever seen in terms of pass protection.

Dillon also has accomplished much more in his career over a longer span of time than Henry. He’s proving that he would be effective as soon as he got into the right situation. These two guys are not remotely in the same league when it comes to talent.

The way I see it, there is almost no likelihood TH will be a Bill next season. We will take what we can get for him. I suspect that a running back who averages nearly four yards a carry, has played successfully with injuries, and has been a probowl selection will be marketable. We will just have to see. I predict a second or third round pick.