Aaron Maybin - What do we know so far his rookie year

San-O

With Fewell taking over I am hoping the Bills get creative and "mix things up" by lining Maybin up at both LB and DE-the season is a loss, why not at least see what he can do? As an undersized DE, I'm hoping he turns out to be more Dwight Freeney than Erik Flowers!

Lack of impact was predictable. Maybin was a very young draftee and undersized and even for his size very much a finesse player so the transition to the NFL is going to take some extra time. He's a project with potential to be great. He was the wrong guy if you were needing production right away, which they were. Hopefully, in 2-3 years he will start to look like a young Jason Taylor. The people who were expecting him to start, provide consistent pressure and record 6-8 sacks as a rookie were barking up the wrong tree.

Absolutely true, it's just frustrating tha the braintrust drafted a 2-3 year project at #11.

Absolutely true, it's just frustrating tha the braintrust drafted a 2-3 year project at #11.

Aaron 'Has-Bin' is, in fact, an overachiever. He somehow cobbled together an excellent college season and parlayed it into riches beyond most of our imaginations. He somehow duped the Bills, and some NFL minds, into thinking he was going to be the next Dwight Freeney, even tough his measurables were not even close to the elite pass rushers that he was compared to. For this, he should be credited, not criticized. I don't think you could compare Maybin to another Bills bust, Mike Williams. Williams had all the physical tools, just not the desire to be successful in the league. Maybin, on the other hand, just does not have an NFL skill set. He already HAS reached the pinnacle of his career, which was his lucrative contract.

However, I am confident that he will never be a player in the league. His 'legendary' first step seems about as quick as Chris Kelseys. Watching him on Sundays, I'm not sure what any scouts could have seen in him to make him a first round pick.