Stevie Johnson

Psaunders

So true. Head Coaches are not always motivated to do what is best for the team's future. Especially if they are on the bubble (trying to save or acquire a head coaching job).

Regarding Steve, I don't remember which Pro Football Weekly reporter wrote it, but when writing about the Bills last year, one of them said the sleeper on this team who could be great is Johnson. For what it's worth.

Agreed on the HC comment however Bud Adams told Jeff Fisher to play VY. I think Ralph and Brandon can tell Fewell to play whomever they want to see and he has no choice but to comply. If he doesn't then what's the chance he is offered the HC job.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this point in the year johnson should be getting reps in 3 and 4 reciever sets however, theres no realistic reason to think that fewell would put in johnson over evans or TO or reed if they are being competitive in each game. I like'd this kid coming out of kentucky, and he does flash signs of promise, but bottom line is we have alot of payroll tied up in lee and TO, so they have to be on the field, same logic applies to hardy, eventually both have to see the field, or at least first team reps in practice, it all depends on when the coaching staff concedes the season, and starts looking to next year.

The reason steve johnson never plays is because the coaching staff has johnson as the fifth wide receiver on the team. Since our offensive line has more injuries than I can count on my hands AVP does not use the spread offensive. So that leaves the offense to usually only have two wr's on the field most of the time because they need more players to protect the QB. Since Steve johnson is fifth on the roster he is never going to get time because we only use three wide receivers at most. Look at parrish he has barely seen time on the field either. I still think steve johnson can be good but we will have to wait till next year to see. Let him get his chance and see what he does.