Whos a better WR....Holt or Walker

Rudyc80

Jevon is merely the extension of Brett Favre's arm. Favre has had dozens of guys like this over his career. In fact, there was a running gag in my dorm room that Donald Driver was nothing more then the black Bill Schroeder.

Never take any GB WR too seriously, ol #4 is the real reason they are any good to begin with.

Jevon is merely the extension of Brett Favre's arm.  Favre has had dozens of guys like this over his career.  In fact, there was a running gag in my dorm room that Donald Driver was nothing more then the black Bill Schroeder. 

Never take any GB WR too seriously, ol #4 is the real reason they are any good to begin with.

120613[/snapback]

While I tend to agree with you about Favre (I believe Sterling Sharpe is probably the only marquee WR Brett ever got to throw to), the same thing could be said about the crazy passing system that Holt plays in. I think both QBs and WRs stats are inflated in STL. I would love to see how Holt would do with another team. Or what if you stuck Walker in the rams system?

I do give the nod to Holt though.

I'm gonna say Javon Walker. You can call him a product of Brett Favre's arm all you want to, but if I need a big play I'd much rather have Walker a physical receiver who will go over the middle. I personally don't think Torry Holt is all that. I think if there was ever a wr friendly system it's the rams. Put torry holt on a team that doesn't have a marshall faulk, or an ike bruce, where he's the clear cut #1 option and now you're looking at a guy who was a consensus top 5 receiver who's gonna look a lot more like a top 10-20 receiver. Holt is good, but he's not all he's cracked up to be. He plays too soft, only goes over the middle once in a blue moon and if you play him physical at line of scrimmage you knock him off his game.

Jevon is merely the extension of Brett Favre's arm.

That's true of many WRs Favre has had over the years, but not Walker. If anything, Favre's success throwing to Walker is merely the extension of Walker's height. I really can't bring myself to credit a QB when he lauches an underthrown jump ball to a double-covered receiver and is only bailed out because his receiver does all the work.