Was Peerless really that good?

BillsFanM.D.

First of all, I have been a supporter of Bledsoe during the last three years and continued to be this year....even going into Sunday night. Alas, however, I have come to see the error of my ways. It's time for JP. Regardless, the singular event that has contributed the most to the demise of Drew's career (in my opinion)was the departure of Peerless. I realize Drew tailed off in the waning stages of that year but he did set numerous franchise records. Considering where we are now, it's mind-boggling. In any event, when you consider the line is comparable, the running is comparable, and the D is comparable....the difference is Peerless. Obviously, Drew's mental and physical skills have eroded....the question is how much of that is due to the loss of a guy he had great confidence and trust in???

Let's go JP!

First of all, I have been a supporter of Bledsoe during the last three years and continued to be this year....even going into Sunday night.  Alas, however, I have come to see the error of my ways.  It's time for JP.  Regardless, the singular event that has contributed the most to the demise of Drew's career (in my opinion)was the departure of Peerless.  I realize Drew tailed off in the waning stages of that year but he did set numerous franchise records.  Considering where we are now, it's mind-boggling.  In any event, when you consider the line is comparable, the running is comparable, and the D is comparable....the difference is Peerless.  Obviously, Drew's mental and physical skills have eroded....the question is how much of that is due to the loss of a guy he had great confidence and trust in???

Let's go JP!

119921[/snapback]

The "D" is comparable to the one from Drew's first season? How quickly we've forgotten Eddie Robinson and his band of bumbling retards.

First of all, I have been a supporter of Bledsoe during the last three years and continued to be this year....even going into Sunday night.  Alas, however, I have come to see the error of my ways.  It's time for JP.  Regardless, the singular event that has contributed the most to the demise of Drew's career (in my opinion)was the departure of Peerless.  I realize Drew tailed off in the waning stages of that year but he did set numerous franchise records.  Considering where we are now, it's mind-boggling.  In any event, when you consider the line is comparable, the running is comparable, and the D is comparable....the difference is Peerless.  Obviously, Drew's mental and physical skills have eroded....the question is how much of that is due to the loss of a guy he had great confidence and trust in???

Let's go JP!

119921[/snapback]

1. The singular event that contributed to Drew's demise was Game 9 in Buffalo against the Patriots (and not Price's departure). Bill Bellysick, in that game, exposed Drew for the fraud that he was and is. Aside from the first 2 games of the 2003 season, Drew has yet to recover.

2. In 2002, our D was close to the bottom of the league in virtually every statistical category. This season, we are still close to the top (even after Sunday night's collapse - we're still the #5 overall defense in yards/game).