Why I love the Olympics

JarHeadJim

Yesterday afternoon I went to the club on base around 4pm and sat with about 35 Marines huddled around a big screen TV drinking beer cheering for a women's soccer game like it was the superbowl. When Abby scored the winning goal every one was jumping up and down high fiveing everyone and screaming like 14 years old girls at a Backstreet boys concert.

It was not that we are women's soccer fans we were just proud to be Americans and cheering for our great nation. It was a great feeling.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

You should have seen it when the USA track guys finished 1,2, and 3 in the 200m final... OR when our long jumper jumped this outrageous distance on the FIRST attempt of 8.59m, and NO ONE could catch him! Incredible!

It's a very big deal over here about Kazinidas... the crowd last night delayed the event for 10 minutes because they wouldn't shup up. Donovan Bailey said they were disrespectful. Right on!

You should have seen it when the USA track guys finished 1,2, and 3 in the 200m final... OR when our long jumper jumped this outrageous distance on the FIRST attempt of 8.59m, and NO ONE could catch him! Incredible!

It's a very big deal over here about Kazinidas... the crowd last night delayed the event for 10 minutes because they wouldn't shup up. Donovan Bailey said they were disrespectful. Right on!

8628[/snapback]

I thought it was Kenteris or something...