Please explain how this was a good trade

First of all if you think Peters has no risk, then i dont know what you watched last year. He has also been injured the last two years. He also held out last year with three years left on his deal. Sorry but if you think he has no risk, then i am not sure i can go further with the arguement as to why the Bills traded him.

By "risk" I meant we know he's not going to be bust in the NFL. That's always a possibility with a draftee. Remember can't miss pick Mike Williams?

I agree with you about Peters. I'm playing devil's advocate in my statement. The so-called experts are the ones saying he's one of the best OTs in football. Using that criteria, rather than my own lowly opinion, the Bills made a bad deal.

Peters wasn't going to play this season without his new contract. If he did decide to play, it would be the same as last year.

So you make the decision. What would you rather have, Walker at LT and Chambers at RT (Peters sitting out), or Walker at LT and Chambers/draft pick at RT with an extra 1st round pick?

The choice is obvious to me. If Peters isn't going to be a part of this team, we might as well get an extra 1st round pick for the guy.

I guess I didn't make my point very clear. Y'all are like broken records.

My point was this simple:

If I'm NFL team x and I'm going to draft an OT with (e.g.) the # 8 overall pick - why not trade for Probowl OT Jason Peters instead of an unknown college kid who's going to command big $$ anyway? If I'm playing the odds, Peters is the sure bet (with the presumption that the "experts" are correct regarding his probowl stature).

It was somewhat of a rhetorical question guys. I was making the argument that Peters doesn't live up to his hype.

The answer is fairly obvious......

If NFL team X or somebody else thought he was more worthy than their up and coming draft pick, they would have made the trade.

Conclusion: Peters is overrated and may not be that difficult to replace.