Can This Draft Do It?

When I think about the Bills, I always come back to the belief that this year is all or nothing for them. They don't have to make the Super Bowl, but they certainly have to make a good run into the playoffs. They have to be a solid team that shows promise for dominance. Consistency and talent is a need, as well as good play calling and sound coaching.

The coaches will not be let off the hook for another losing season, so what remains to ponder is the talent that lines up on Sundays. As fans, we know we are pretty stocked at reciever, running back, and defensive back positions. We are close on linebacker and both lines, and, hopefully, our QB will show his Promise. There might even be a few fortunate surpises in the mix with our depth, i.e., Bell, on the O-line.

So, with the obvious needs at D-line, O-line, TE, and LB, how real is it to suppose that we can fix those positions through the draft, and after - via free agency - to put together a formidable squad. And we need the squad to be formidable, not just good. Our division, I believe, is now the toughest in the NFL, due to coaching moves and certain other player recoveries.

With our alloted picks, and undrafted free agents, and possible veteran pick-ups, not to mention the seeming certainty that Peters will not be back (at least a man that will actually want to be here and try to perform up to his potential), can the Bills fill the holes they have this off-season to make it happen?

I look at the college players available this year, and I have that glimmer of hope that we fans share, and think there are some intruiging possible situations where we can pick up starters in the first four rounds.

It'd have to be a combination of: DE, TE, LB, and OL. Four holes, four picks...... including veterans still available.

How would you have it pan out? And, of course, the sleepers.