What Will Happen on Draft Day?

Kenwick

Who the Hell really knows ? The Bills are so mum on letting any kind of news out as to who they are interested in, it's pittiful. I really do not know if DE Brown, OLB Maybin, OT Oher, DE Johnson, De Jackson, TE Pettigrew or any of the other top 10 in the draft have come to Buffalo for evaluation. It just might mean the Bills already know come hell or high water who they are going to get hands down. My guess would be TE Pettigrew. We know the Bills are cheap. So why bring in other players at the owners expense when you already know who you are going to pick? TE Pettigrew would give them the BIG WR/TE they have been looking for and did not get in Hardy. He definitely would fill the Bill Offensively. Yes we need a pass rusher. But remember what Mr. Wilson said at the end of the season. He was going to fix the offense. Pettigrew would be step one. he only lacks top speed. But with the kind of receivers the Bills now have, Pettigrew will only get covered by a linebacker. He has great hands and can plant his feet well for quick outlet passes. If the pass is well thrown he will get it. That's what we need. A truely dependable receiver on each play. A BIG target who can really catch and block.

Step two would be signing Peters. If it does not happen on draft day I would expect him to be traded for a 1st and a third. The Bills then would try to sign the best Offensive Lineman available at that point even if he is not a tackle. Bills might even make a trade at some point later using Parish and a lower draft pick to pick up a quality Offensive lineman at either guard or tackle. Rounds two and three will have to be used for defensive help. Rounds 4 thru 7 will just have to be used as fill ins is all. Too many compensation picks to other teams at the end of the third round this year.

I really hope the Bills sign our best offensive lineman. 8.5 million is actually still to low and 11 million he is asking for is really to high. It would be best if Russ Brandon uses his negioation abilities and gets Peters signed before the draft. If the Bills trade Peters away, the Bills will losing in the trade. It will not be a win / win situation for both teams. Losing Peters would be a setback for the team. Getting a 1st and a third for a all pro Left Offensive Tackle in his prime is priceless. Bills should not trade him away in anger or demean how good he really is when he wants to be. Bills to date have treated other players better than they have Peters and that is why he is standing his ground. Brandon needs to amend fenses. That is what a good GM would do.

Who the Hell really knows ? The Bills are so mum on letting any kind of news out as to who they are interested in, it's pittiful. I really do not know if DE Brown, OLB Maybin, OT Oher, DE Johnson, De Jackson, TE Pettigrew or any of the other top 10 in the draft have come to Buffalo for evaluation. It just might mean the Bills already know come hell or high water who they are going to get hands down. My guess would be TE Pettigrew. We know the Bills are cheap. So why bring in other players at the owners expense when you already know who you are going to pick? TE Pettigrew would give them the BIG WR/TE they have been looking for and did not get in Hardy. He definitely would fill the Bill Offensively. Yes we need a pass rusher. But remember what Mr. Wilson said at the end of the season. He was going to fix the offense. Pettigrew would be step one. he only lacks top speed. But with the kind of receivers the Bills now have, Pettigrew will only get covered by a linebacker. He has great hands and can plant his feet well for quick outlet passes. If the pass is well thrown he will get it. That's what we need. A truely dependable receiver on each play. A BIG target who can really catch and block.

Step two would be signing Peters. If it does not happen on draft day I would expect him to be traded for a 1st and a third. The Bills then would try to sign the best Offensive Lineman available at that point even if he is not a tackle. Bills might even make a trade at some point later using Parish and a lower draft pick to pick up a quality Offensive lineman at either guard or tackle. Rounds two and three will have to be used for defensive help. Rounds 4 thru 7 will just have to be used as fill ins is all. Too many compensation picks to other teams at the end of the third round this year.

I really hope the Bills sign our best offensive lineman. 8.5 million is actually still to low and 11 million he is asking for is really to high. It would be best if Russ Brandon uses his negioation abilities and gets Peters signed before the draft. If the Bills trade Peters away, the Bills will losing in the trade. It will not be a win / win situation for both teams. Losing Peters would be a setback for the team. Getting a 1st and a third for a all pro Left Offensive Tackle in his prime is priceless. Bills should not trade him away in anger or demean how good he really is when he wants to be. Bills to date have treated other players better than they have Peters and that is why he is standing his ground. Brandon needs to amend fenses. That is what a good GM would do.

I think it is smart that the Bills don't let on to thier draft day plans. If teams know what you are doing then it is more difficult to trade and make moves with them. Also, Peters doesn't negotiate. He didn't last year either, he asks for money and doesn't come down from that. last year he didn't even talk to the F.O. before he skipped.

Peters thinks about peters and if he stays at 11.5 then we don't need him.