For MMA fans: Grease-gate

slothrop

Bull sh--! I really hope the UFC makes these two fight each other again so St. Pierre smashes that loud mouth Penn again. BJ is looking for any kind of an excuse due to the fact that he was embarrassed.

This is the video that was sent to NSAC by St. Pierre's camp.

Video link.

He's not the only fighter who has done this in between rounds.

Bull sh--! I really hope the UFC makes these two fight each other again so St. Pierre smashes that loud mouth Penn again. BJ is looking for any kind of an excuse due to the fact that he was embarrassed.

Video link.

I tend to agree with Penn on this one. He has, as Joe Rogan would say, "a crazy guard" and Vasoline would negate his greatest strength as a fighter.

Video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMcHnMjnI0

Watch that video. Some of the stuff is BS, but overall I think GSP cheated and whether or not it had an impact on the outcome we'll never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMcHnMjnI0

Watch that video. Some of the stuff is BS, but overall I think GSP cheated and whether or not it had an impact on the outcome we'll never know.

The thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that they "supposedly" caught the corner man (Phil Nurse) between the second and third rounds and wiped downed GSP. Which means there was nada (if it was done intentionally) on GSP on the 3rd and 4th rounds. My question is why couldn't BJ handle him in those two rounds? I'm not buying it at all. Yeah BJ has a great gaurd, but a gaurd can't prevent a fighter like GSP from posturing up and reigning down elbows and punches on you. But it can highly regulate the passing of the gaurd. Something that rarely ever happens to BJ, which GSP did in the 4th round with NO "SUPPOSED" vasoline on him. If BJ really wanted to stop GSP from beating the sh-- out of him he should have held on to his "rubber" gaurd like he did in round 1.

The thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that they "supposedly" caught the corner man (Phil Nurse) between the second and third rounds and wiped downed GSP. Which means there was nada (if it was done intentionally) on GSP on the 3rd and 4th rounds. My question is why couldn't BJ handle him in those two rounds? I'm not buying it at all. Yeah BJ has a great gaurd, but a gaurd can't prevent a fighter like GSP from posturing up and reigning down elbows and punches on you. But it can highly regulate the passing of the gaurd. Something that rarely ever happens to BJ, which GSP did in the 4th round with NO "SUPPOSED" vasoline on him. If BJ really wanted to stop GSP from beating the sh-- out of him he should have held on to his "rubber" gaurd like he did in round 1.

Well like I said we'll never know for sure. Personally I think BJ should just shut up and accept it. Stop fighting the war through other channels.

Dude, Sloth did you see the fight?.....St. Pierre beat his ass and passed his guard at will because he was quicker and stronger and an all-around better fighter. Maybe if BJ would actually get his ass out of Hawaii to train with guys who served a purpose other than feeding his ego than he might have had a shot......Georges is not Sean Sherk, he's arguably the best fighter in the world. The vasoline had no effect on this fight. I like BJ Penn but he got his ass kicked, plain and simple. He looks like a crybaby filing this complaint, just take your ass-whooping and go back down to 155 where if you're not careful you might lose your belt.......Kenny Florian, Gray Manor, and Diego Sanchez would all be good fights for BJ.

Dude, Sloth did you see the fight?.....St. Pierre beat his ass and passed his guard at will because he was quicker and stronger and an all-around better fighter. Maybe if BJ would actually get his ass out of Hawaii to train with guys who served a purpose other than feeding his ego than he might have had a shot......Georges is not Sean Sherk, he's arguably the best fighter in the world. The vasoline had no effect on this fight. I like BJ Penn but he got his ass kicked, plain and simple. He looks like a crybaby filing this complaint, just take your ass-whooping and go back down to 155 where if you're not careful you might lose your belt.......Kenny Florian, Gray Manor, and Diego Sanchez would all be good fights for BJ.

I did see the fight - I also saw their first fight. I have seen every fight of both fighters. Something was amiss because NOBODY, has ever dominated BJ like that. BJ tore St.Peirre up in the first two rounds of their first fight, and almost finished it.

If you watch the clips, BJ was trying to lock in his rubber guard and his legs kept slipping off St.Pierre. Other fighters have said the same thing. Something was wrong.

I disagree, vasoline is a major factor against a fighter like Penn who uses his superior BJJ and flexibility

I did see the fight - I also saw their first fight. I have seen every fight of both fighters. Something was amiss because NOBODY, has ever dominated BJ like that. BJ tore St.Peirre up in the first two rounds of their first fight, and almost finished it.

If you watch the clips, BJ was trying to lock in his rubber guard and his legs kept slipping off St.Pierre. Other fighters have said the same thing. Something was wrong.

I disagree, vasoline is a major factor against a fighter like Penn who uses his superior BJJ and flexibility

Agree to disagree then....that fight was a complete beatdown, the vasoline had no impact on the fight. If BJ keeps taking guys lightly I think he's going to be surprised at 155, I don't think Ken-Flo can beat him but I think a guy like Grey Manor or Diego Sanchez def. has a shot.

BJ is a little B word, plain and simple.

He got WORKED by a bigger, stronger, more prepared fighter. If GSP isn't the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world right now, he's right up there with Silva and Fedor. BJ, his yes-men camp and his make-any-excuse fans come off looking really bad after this... and pointing to their first fight is pointless. If you can't recognize how much different a fighter Georges is since his loss to Serra, then I don't know what to tell you.

GSP was in better shape and it showed, period. BJ's mediocre, on-again/off-again conditioning reared its ugly head once again and it led to him throwing in the towel early. For all the crap he talked about GSP tapping from strikes and how that made him a "quitter" and a "little B word" himself, he comes off like a complete pansy (relatively speaking, of course) for not even trying to finish the fight. I guess thats what you get for taking a vacation in the middle of training.

GSP was better that night, he's better most nights, and he'll be better on the night they fight again, if Dana ever wants that debacle repeated. Personally, I can't wait to see KenFlo and BJ tangle. I think Kenny has a legitimate shot (especially after his deconstruction of Huerta), and if BJ loses... he's going to have some serious soul searching to do in an effort to get his career back on track before he goes from one of the PFP best in the world to "man, if only that guy had taken it more seriously." Because, let's not fool ourselves here, he's on that precipice right now.

He got WORKED by a bigger, stronger, more prepared fighter. If GSP isn't the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world right now, he's right up there with Silva and Fedor. BJ, his yes-men camp and his make-any-excuse fans come off looking really bad after this... and pointing to their first fight is pointless. If you can't recognize how much different a fighter Georges is since his loss to Serra, then I don't know what to tell you.

GSP was in better shape and it showed, period. BJ's mediocre, on-again/off-again conditioning reared its ugly head once again and it led to him throwing in the towel early. For all the crap he talked about GSP tapping from strikes and how that made him a "quitter" and a "little B word" himself, he comes off like a complete pansy (relatively speaking, of course) for not even trying to finish the fight. I guess thats what you get for taking a vacation in the middle of training.

GSP was better that night, he's better most nights, and he'll be better on the night they fight again, if Dana ever wants that debacle repeated. Personally, I can't wait to see KenFlo and BJ tangle. I think Kenny has a legitimate shot (especially after his deconstruction of Huerta), and if BJ loses... he's going to have some serious soul searching to do in an effort to get his career back on track before he goes from one of the PFP best in the world to "man, if only that guy had taken it more seriously." Because, let's not fool ourselves here, he's on that precipice right now.

:thumbsup: I'm on the Grey Manor Bandwagon at 155.....I think he's your next champ.

Now lets talk about reality. You know that St.Pierre is not that much better then Penn. Just look at their prior fight for evidence. Penn was in worse shape for that fight and he trained hard for the recent fight. Also, look at the film of the last fight. The reason St.Pierre could posture up was because he was greased up! Watch Penn's legs just slide down St.Pierre's back as though he were fighting an eel.

St. Pierre cheated. I can't wait for the third fight. The matter is still under investigation. Sherk, Hughes (who is a dick), and Serra all say that St.Pierre greased - and all three have their strengths in BJJ or wrestling.

Now lets talk about reality. You know that St.Pierre is not that much better then Penn. Just look at their prior fight for evidence. Penn was in worse shape for that fight and he trained hard for the recent fight. Also, look at the film of the last fight. The reason St.Pierre could posture up was because he was greased up! Watch Penn's legs just slide down St.Pierre's back as though he were fighting an eel.

St. Pierre cheated. I can't wait for the third fight. The matter is still under investigation. Sherk, Hughes (who is a dick), and Serra all say that St.Pierre greased - and all three have their strengths in BJJ or wrestling.

Dude I'm not a BJ hater at all but the vasoline thing had nothing to do with the fight.....the first fight was three years prior and St. Pierre is way better than he was three years ago. Both BJ and St. Pierre said leading up to UFC 94 you could not even compare the first fight because they were both such improved fighers, George just improved a lot more apparently. Its not the vasoline that negated BJ's BJJ its the fact that despite being much bigger and stronger than BJ, George is much quicker and an overall better fighter. It wasn't the vasoline that dominated BJ is was the fact that St. Pierre is the best Wrestler in the UFC although he has no wrestling backround. Its not like Phil Nurse caked it on between rounds.....it was minimal (not saying it was OK). I've watched the fight twice now over the last two days and there is no way this had any impact on the fight.....BJ got his ass kicked.