Sorry if already posted

Nick

Running back Fred Taylor woke up Friday morning and saw a report he had signed with the New England Patriots.

That was news to him.

"That isn't true," Taylor said. "I don't know where some of that ----- comes from sometimes."

Taylor did say he is still in discussions with the Patriots, but no deal was done as of 9:30 a.m.

"We’ll see how it goes," he said.

Taylor also visited with the Buffalo Bills this week, and said there are a couple of other teams in the mix. Taylor was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars earlier this month after 11 seasons with the team as they move toward a youth movement.

Taylor has two good years left and would certainly be a good addition to the Patriots offense, a veteran back who can run in their spread sets.

Running back Fred Taylor woke up Friday morning and saw a report he had signed with the New England Patriots.

That was news to him.

"That isn't true," Taylor said. "I don't know where some of that ----- comes from sometimes."

Taylor did say he is still in discussions with the Patriots, but no deal was done as of 9:30 a.m.

"We’ll see how it goes," he said.

Taylor also visited with the Buffalo Bills this week, and said there are a couple of other teams in the mix. Taylor was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars earlier this month after 11 seasons with the team as they move toward a youth movement.

Taylor has two good years left and would certainly be a good addition to the Patriots offense, a veteran back who can run in their spread sets.

Yep, already posted. I wonder what the $$$ was - and I don't think Taylor is totally washed up. Given their RB injuries the last few seasons, my guess is that they are just keeping a decent bench.

Yep, already posted. I wonder what the $$$ was - and I don't think Taylor is totally washed up. Given their RB injuries the last few seasons, my guess is that they are just keeping a decent bench.

Hate to say it, but NE* is the greatest example of runningback by committee being successful in the NFL. Why spend the big bucks on a RB that can do it all when you can get 3 for the same price?