What Mr. Wilson Wants this Off-season

Kenwick

Both of you guys are assuming, rather than actually knowing, what goes on in this inner circle. We just don't know how much influence Jauron will have or who is in the inner circle. It's guesswork, and that's fine, but let's admit it.

This is a message board, is it not? Of course, posters are speculating and drawing conclusions. Does anybody not know that?

My speculation of the various roles over the last 3 off-seasons is, however, framed from the various sources of information I have. It would be tidier for finger pointing exercises if we could dismiss the information from inside sources and people with access and just conjure up situations from our fantasies though, I must admit.

So, you are correct. I'm speculating that some of the luster may have worn a bit on Dick's crown -- why would it not? -- and that Wilson's comments about some minor changes in the front office deck chairs may have been an indication of this.

But, here are some scenarios that don't make sense, in contrast.

1. Marv Levy lied to us and Dick Jauron had no say at all in how the team was going to be re-built in 06. They lied to us again when they said that Dick Jauron would assume Levy's football responsibilities when Marv resigned in 08.
  2. We were lied to that Modrak did not accept the de facto GM-ship of the team when Marv resigned and he has been calling the shots, so Wilson's comments about an inner circle were a smoke screen and monkeyshine for the unwashed masses.
  3. When Marv resigned they gave all football decision making responsibility to Russ Brandon, who's involvement with the team up to that point was as a business and marketing guy. Jauron and the career football guys watched from afar as Brandon made all the moves, helplessly with gags, blindfolds, and a last cigarette.
  4. When Marv Levy resigned the decisions he made and the areas where he concentrated were simply left vacant with nothing but tumble weeds blowing down the halls. Nobody within the organization handled that part of the business.

I call B.S. on ralph's little "we have no talent" whine. When ralph feeds the fans the "we dont have talent" bit, it takes the fans minds off the horrendous coaching non-moves made this season. Ralph uses the no talent line as a way to continue to be cheap and not fire jauron.

I also find it funny that ralph whines that we dont have any talent, yet does nothing to improve the guys responsible for bringing in that talent.

he's a joke. he has no idea what to do...all he knows is that he can't bear that though of parting with a few shekels as long as the stadium is full.

I call B.S. on ralph's little "we have no talent" whine. When ralph feeds the fans the "we dont have talent" bit, it takes the fans minds off the horrendous coaching non-moves made this season. Ralph uses the no talent line as a way to continue to be cheap and not fire jauron.

I also find it funny that ralph whines that we dont have any talent, yet does nothing to improve the guys responsible for bringing in that talent.

You are 100% dead nuts on with this.