Just got home from Pittsburgh

The fans take the Steelers for granted. If you look among the younger generation especially (middle school-high school age), most of those kids are more Penguins fans than Steelers fans, probably because the Steelers winning Super Bowls is now a given.

Our long wait will make the first one so much sweeter!

I would be shocked if this was true. I would guess that regardless of age the Steelers crush the Penguins in popularity. I know Crosby has an enormous effect on jersey sales but it can't be that big. Can it? I don't know but that would really suprise me. I'm not a hockey fan but didn't the Penguins have a scare of moving awhile back? I suppose Lebron is doing it in Cleveland.

I would be shocked if this was true. I would guess that regardless of age the Steelers crush the Penguins in popularity. I know Crosby has an enormous effect on jersey sales but it can't be that big. Can it? I don't know but that would really suprise me. I'm not a hockey fan but didn't the Penguins have a scare of moving awhile back? I suppose Lebron is doing it in Cleveland.

I believe the Steelers are more popular than the Penguins

I've been to the city when both teams were in their playoff runs

The Steelers are bigger

The Pirates seem to be bigger than the Penguins too

my roommate is from pittsburgh. He is definitely more of a pens fan then steelers. And I would agree that that is more the norm these days.

I also have met several people from Buffalo here at Penn State and they are also more Sabres fans then Bills fans. Hockey is getting a young crowd involved these days. Its about time.

I believe the Steelers are more popular than the Penguins

I've been to the city when both teams were in their playoff runs

The Steelers are bigger

The Pirates seem to be bigger than the Penguins too

THE PIRATES? Really? I have to say you are incorrect on that one but what do I know, I've never even been there.

and I think I'm more of a Bills fan than I've ever been

It was a good time seeing the fans in the streets

but you could tell that they have been there before.

BUFFALO IS GOING TO PARTY LIKE NO TOMORROW WHEN THE BILLS EVEN MAKE THE SUPERBOWL

even the playoffs

<_<

Hell yeah! I was wearing a Sabres hat at the rioting in Oakland (Pittsburgh) and some guy from Buffalo saw it... we basically both said what you just said.

my roommate is from pittsburgh. He is definitely more of a pens fan then steelers. And I would agree that that is more the norm these days.

I also have met several people from Buffalo here at Penn State and they are also more Sabres fans then Bills fans. Hockey is getting a young crowd involved these days. Its about time.

Yeah, the younger crowd is really into the Penguins, which is good for hockey, but there is no way the people in Pittsburgh (as a whole) are more Pens fans than Steelers fans.

I've been here five years, the first two of which I don't think I heard the words "Penguins" or "hockey" spoken. (Then they start winning.... very bandwagony.... :w00t: )

Their football fans are quite similar to ours. They're pretty diehard. There are a lot of them. They hate the *pats.

Football at the youth, high school, and college levels is pretty big here, while hockey is not at all (yet; hopefully the Pens can provide a spark in this area.) In contrast, WNY is pretty big on hockey at the youth hockey (at least in Rochester where I am from), and I think more of a percentage of fans are likely to say the Sabres are their favorite (instead of Bills) than the percentage Pittsburghers saying the Pens are their favorite (instead of Steelers).

Everyone has a Pirates hat in Pittsburgh... i swear lol

Haha this is so true! Even though everyone just bitches about them! It's a pretty slick logo/hat, I'll admit.

Hell yeah! I was wearing a Sabres hat at the rioting in Oakland (Pittsburgh) and some guy from Buffalo saw it... we basically both said what you just said.

Yeah, the younger crowd is really into the Penguins, which is good for hockey, but there is no way the people in Pittsburgh (as a whole) are more Pens fans than Steelers fans.

I've been here five years, the first two of which I don't think I heard the words "Penguins" or "hockey" spoken. (Then they start winning.... very bandwagony.... :w00t: )

Their football fans are quite similar to ours. They're pretty diehard. There are a lot of them. They hate the *pats.

Football at the youth, high school, and college levels is pretty big here, while hockey is not at all (yet; hopefully the Pens can provide a spark in this area.) In contrast, WNY is pretty big on hockey at the youth hockey (at least in Rochester where I am from), and I think more of a percentage of fans are likely to say the Sabres are their favorite (instead of Bills) than the percentage Pittsburghers saying the Pens are their favorite (instead of Steelers).

Haha this is so true! Even though everyone just bitches about them! It's a pretty slick logo/hat, I'll admit.

PITTS is about as die hard as Buffalo, I would say.