How much would a home playoff game earn for a franchise?

Mularkey

Lets think about cheap old Ralph for a minute. We all know he is frugal but is he a good business man? Wouldn't 1 home playoff game offset the cost of a hiring a good coach/GM? Not sure about road playoff games as well but I'm sure some revenue has to come the teams way. Not to mention people liking the team and buying merchandise and season tickets and maybe corporate sponsors. From a business standpoint why in the hell would you not want to hire capable people so you can make the playoffs and earn more dough? Use some of the Toronto money, charge a "we need a good coach/GM fee" on all tickets, I think at this point the Bills Backers would pony up some extra dough to make this happen. I just think from a business standpoint you want to have the best product to have the most return on your investment. Maybe Ralph should stop flying from Detroit to Buffalo all the time to save some cash to put towards a good coach/GM. Install a video teleconference machine and make it a virtual "inner circle".

I have tons of ideas to save the franchise money and put it in better places like a coach/gm. Ralph, give me a call.

great question! if we assume an average ticket price of $90 (that includes luxury/box seats and a somewhat higher ticket price considering it's a playoff game - if someone knows whether or not teams charge more for playoff tix please chime in) and capacity of 75,000, that puts ticket revenue at 6.75M. Of course this is the NFL, so 40% of that goes to the visiting team, so that puts the Bills take at 4.05M. Now let's assume 4 ticket holders per vehicle and $25/vehicle, so that's another 0.47M. We could also conservatively estimate $10/ticket holder in food/beverages so that's yet another 0.75M. So that's $5.37M for a home playoff game. if i'm missing any components or you think i'm way off somewhere feel free to correct me.

Lets think about cheap old Ralph for a minute. We all know he is frugal but is he a good business man? Wouldn't 1 home playoff game offset the cost of a hiring a good coach/GM? Not sure about road playoff games as well but I'm sure some revenue has to come the teams way. Not to mention people liking the team and buying merchandise and season tickets and maybe corporate sponsors. From a business standpoint why in the hell would you not want to hire capable people so you can make the playoffs and earn more dough? Use some of the Toronto money, charge a "we need a good coach/GM fee" on all tickets, I think at this point the Bills Backers would pony up some extra dough to make this happen. I just think from a business standpoint you want to have the best product to have the most return on your investment. Maybe Ralph should stop flying from Detroit to Buffalo all the time to save some cash to put towards a good coach/GM. Install a video teleconference machine and make it a virtual "inner circle".

I have tons of ideas to save the franchise money and put it in better places like a coach/gm. Ralph, give me a call.

Even if ralph had all the money in the world he still wouldn't pay a coach Bill Cowher money he's always been like that and always will... get ready for another 3 great years with Jauron!

Guest dog14787

I Posted this on another thread recently,

I understand we are a smaller market team and Buffalo has less of an attraction to the FA's and less money to spend on them, but doesn't that make the GM and HC position that much more critical? A good coach can take an average team into the playoffs, its a proven fact.

So as a business man in a small market you would want to get a good GM and a good HC, because you will depend more on good drafting and solid coaching to end up with a good product. Buffalo's economy may not be the greatest, but if you put a winning football team onto the field the Buffalo faithful will pay the price of admission.

I Posted this on another thread recently,

I understand we are a smaller market team and Buffalo has less of an attraction to the FA's and less money to spend on them, but doesn't that make the GM and HC position that much more critical? A good coach can take an average team into the playoffs, its a proven fact.

So as a business man in a small market you would want to get a good GM and a good HC, because you will depend more on good drafting and solid coaching to end up with a good product. Buffalo's economy may not be the greatest, but if you put a winning football team onto the field the Buffalo faithful will pay the price of admission.

I couldn't agree with you more, so why is Ralph content with 9 non playoff years. I know he is old and plans on selling the team and blah blah blah but a business man is always a business man and when you see an opportunity to make more money then you take it. Case in point: Toronto. Russ is a good marketing/business guy he should step and tell Ralph this hole experiment is not going to work forever and he better get some football people in here. Russ can go back to marketing. With the economy in the tank and 9 years of crapola the Bills may not enjoy another season ticket blitz and should focus on upgrading the franchise with better coaches and talent moving forward. Oh and by the way Ralph it actually raises the value of your franchise.