Thanks for the memories (the few good ones anyway)

apulshunny

That's right. If there was no Ralph, you wouldn't have to suffer, as there would be no Buffalo Bills.

You say that like it would be a bad thing.

I grew up a Bills fan as a result of being born in that community. I've been gone for over 20 years and have taken pride in my allegiance to that team. This season has made me realize that my faith has been misguided. I have wasted a lot of time and money buying products and traveling to see games of the team that has disappointed far more than they have rewarded me over my lifetime (41 years now).

Although Ralph may have been loyal to WNY, he has not been a successful owner and he has often interfered in the success of this franchise. I'll concede that he's not trying to sabotage this franchise, I do believe he wants to win, but I think he has been far more of an obstacle than a benefit. I think he is respected for having been an owner for a very long time, but in 49 years, the team has been in the playoffs only 17 times. I do believe there are worse owners out there (Ford, Bidwell come immediately to mind), but they are someone else's problem. The fact that the Bills will likely leave Buffalo after Wilson passes leaves me with a particularly hopeless feeling. I have been unable to overcome the "what's the point?" feeling.

I live in San Diego now and because I have a hard time with ownership here as well, I have never embraced the local team. The time has come that I must look at the Bills in the same way. Although I respect the community and its citizens, I feel the ownership of the team is not worth the support that it has received from me over the years. Good luck to those of you that cannot see the forest through the trees as it relates to the direction of this franchise. The relationship has seen it's moments of fun and excitement, but it is a relationship that has reached a point of irreconcilable differences.

So long Mr. Wilson and good luck to those fans who remain. You deserve better.