When coaching a young team...

canbuffan34

Maybe part of the underlying problem with our guys is not whats being coached but the manner in which its related to the

players. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL? If an old school coach like Jauron

"treats them like men" but the majority of key players are still boys in need of discipline, then how can we possibly expect any type of success when the players are not really held accountable for their on field play? Do any of you get the sense that Edwards, Lynch and co. fear returning to the sidelines after giving subpar performances on any given series? Remember watching players ( ex: the corner for the Steelers, Scott IIRC , getting burned for a long TD by Moulds? I actually felt sorry for the kid having to face Cowher as he sulked to the sidelines!) I agree with alot of you that Dick needs to be replaced, but not by another creampuff HC :rolleyes: We need a real A#hole thats going to make these guys pi$$ their pants and then when they have real success on the field, they'll absolutely love him for it! We need Cowher or Billick

or God forbid, Schottenheimer! Maybe the reason why Sporano, Tomlin, Mangini are having success is they are younger and yet seem to coach with the whip for those that require it, thoughts? :wallbash:

Maybe part of the underlying problem with our guys is not whats being coached but the manner in which its related to the

players. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL? If an old school coach like Jauron

"treats them like men" but the majority of key players are still boys in need of discipline, then how can we possibly expect any type of success when the players are not really held accountable for their on field play? Do any of you get the sense that Edwards, Lynch and co. fear returning to the sidelines after giving subpar performances on any given series? Remember watching players ( ex: the corner for the Steelers, Scott IIRC , getting burned for a long TD by Moulds? I actually felt sorry for the kid having to face Cowher as he sulked to the sidelines!) I agree with alot of you that Dick needs to be replaced, but not by another creampuff HC :rolleyes: We need a real A#hole thats going to make these guys pi$$ their pants and then when they have real success on the field, they'll absolutely love him for it! We need Cowher or Billick

or God forbid, Schottenheimer! Maybe the reason why Sporano, Tomlin, Mangini are having success is they are younger and yet seem to coach with the whip for those that require it, thoughts? :wallbash:

No.

The counterweight to your argument:

Tony Dungy has now made the playoffs 10 years in a row and he coaches a team built through the draft.