Defensive switch

silvermike

I understand that it takes a lot of personnel changes to turn our cover-2 into a successful 3-4: we'd need three excellent down lineman, and we barely have one. But how would our current players perform in a conventional 4-3 or a zone blitz system?

Are our linebackers too small and speedy to be relied upon for pass rush and run support? Mitchell did fine in a 4-3 in New York. What about the cornerbacks - we heard all this crap about how the cover-2 made cornerbacks expendable, and do we have CBs that couldn't cover without the zone?

i like the zone blitz or the 46.imo a deffense needs to be aggresive and dictate to the offense. cover 2 is a girly deffense.i think we have players suited for a 4 three zone blitz style.we could use a 350 lb. plus run plugger to line up next to stroud and use williams on passing downs.

I believe Schobel, for sure would excel at OLB in the 3-4... just as Paup did in the mid 90's. Kelsay possibly could be a OLB in the 3-4... we know he's athletic and can run, and has dropped into coverage on many occaision. Poz and Mitchell would definitely be better suited to the 3-4, both lining up on the inside. I think they's be better than the Nelson/Haslett and Conlin/Benley tandems. Not sure if DiGeorgio would hold up as a backup. Stroud would probably line up as LDE. Williams, would probably be a really good change of pace back up at NT. Bills would have to find a suitable starting NT and RDE. In addition, the Bills would need to bring in at least 3 LBs that are competent backups and potential starters. The secondary should be solid