Offensive line stats

Got_Wood

Check out this link (I know it is SI Kids magazine, but I googled o-line stats). It is very telling:

http://www.sikids.com/football/nfl/stats/2...SH_YDS_AVG.html

The things that stand out to me:

- 2.1 yard rushing average up the middle.

- Near the bottom of the league in average yards per rush at 3.5

- 18th in rushing. Marshawn and Freddie are way too good to be 18th.

There is a problem in our o-line, and it appears that it is either Dockery or Fowler. Could be both. This is definitely an area we need to focus on in the draft next year.

Check out this link (I know it is SI Kids magazine, but I googled o-line stats). It is very telling:

http://www.sikids.com/football/nfl/stats/2...SH_YDS_AVG.html

The things that stand out to me:

- 2.1 yard rushing average up the middle.

- Near the bottom of the league in average yards per rush at 3.5

- 18th in rushing. Marshawn and Freddie are way too good to be 18th.

There is a problem in our o-line, and it appears that it is either Dockery or Fowler. Could be both. This is definitely an area we need to focus on in the draft next year.

Absolutely pathetic given the amount of money invested in this line.

My problem is the play calling, Schonert's pass plays are exemplary while his running plays are simple and very predictable (just watch Josh Reed in the formation, where he lines up is a direct indicator).

There are very few attempts made to the outside, I don't know if this is because the oversized and slow line can't pull worth a crap or what.

Jason Peters is a liability. - Did anyone think that this statement would be uttered ever?

Good point generalee about the run plays being predictable. they need to throw in counters and misdirection cut back plays. The HB draw from shotgun formation should be used but i've seen it ran too much IMO. they could call more off tackle plays. What are they doing calling so many simple up the middle runs when fowler and butler are the weakest (physically) on the line.

i said the same thing in another thread,,,,, speculating that this team misses mouse mcnally a great deal. I am not worried about the cardinal game,,,,,the defense stunk up the joint, but they will correct the problems and make adjustments.

The o line has not had a solid game in both run and pass protection yet this year....on most run plays up the middle they looked overmatched and on sweeps they are often caught before they get out of their lanes for the play to develop.

this line IMO needs lots of work. they have regressed from last year and are playing like the days of gandy and benny anderson