Chad Johnson on holding out

Chad Johnson and asked him about what made him change his mind about holding out for a new contract and not wanting to be traded any more and he said "Ray Lewis just made me feel blessed to be in the NFL and that not alot of people get the opportunity to be in the NFL and that it shouldn't be about money.....it should be about playing football and having fun!........"

Peters makes more than most people make in their lives in 1 year. He knows this team is going in the right direction and he just wants money. I say screw him. Let him sit his 3 years and we can get a new LT next year unless Butler and Walker emerge.

Our line looked fine against the Skins (now if Jackson can only block better!)

Riiiiight. Chad Johnson is not someone you want to use as an example. Chad's words (or should I say Ray's words?) are correct of course, but I don't believe that they will guide him much further than a couple of losses this season. A couple of sideline explosions, media gaffs and some zany antics later he'll still be the same guy most of us have grown tired of. I'm convinced that, to an almost unhealthy degree, Chad's mentally ill.

Check back in a few years (maybe even a couple months) and we'll see who's considered a better teammate..... Jason Peters or Chad Johnson.

Riiiiight. Chad Johnson is not someone you want to use as an example. Chad's words (or should I say Ray's words?) are correct of course, but I don't believe that they will guide him much further than a couple of losses this season. A couple of sideline explosions, media gaffs and some zany antics later he'll still be the same guy most of us have grown tired of. I'm convinced that, to an almost unhealthy degree, Chad's mentally ill.

Check back in a few years (maybe even a couple months) and we'll see who's considered a better teammate..... Jason Peters or Chad Johnson.

I would trade Hardy/Peters for Johnson/Whitworth right now. Then you have a playoff team.

Right now a #1/1a receiver and a decent lineman is worth much more than a possible #2 WR and paying $10 million to a 340lb guy coming back from groin surgery who is still a proud card-carrying member of the Single Digit Wonderlic Club.

I would trade Hardy/Peters for Johnson/Whitworth right now. Then you have a playoff team.

Right now a #1/1a receiver and a decent lineman is worth much more than a possible #2 WR and paying $10 million to a 340lb guy coming back from groin surgery who is still a proud card-carrying member of the Single Digit Wonderlic Club.

Fantastic. Fire up the new Madden game and make it happen.