Patriots release statement on Walsh

This is exactly what they're setting up--see point 6 of my ealier thread on my quick read of the Agt. (I'm a corporate lawyer by day, sadly.) The Agt. spends a lot of time talking about whether and when Walsh will be presumed to have been acting at the Pats' request (such circumstances arguably do not include taping another team's walkthrough) and puts the burden of proof on him "by a preponderance of the evidence" in other non-listed situations to show he was acting at their request. Sounds to me like (a) the tape may well in fact exist if they're spending this much ink in the Agt. on it (but we'll see) and (b) the Pats and the NFL are setting up the argument that Walsh was a lone gunman on this one (which to me will be completely non-believable no matter how much they spin it--for ex., if he did tape it on his own, you mean to tell me he never, ever showed it to anyone else there? I mean, wouldn't that be the point of doing this, to impress your bosses with how devious you can be? Or was he just filming it for his personal collection? If he did show it to anyone else there, shouldn't they have brought this up during the investigation into all of this in the fall? I mean, the Pats can't have it both ways in such a case. At a bare minimum they would have lied to the Commish's office about this then.)

It's possible that Walsh did act on his own just to improve his own standing in the organization. Based on what I've read about him, he's overstated his responsibility at times and definitely could've seen this as an opportunity to win points with the staff.

So they turn him down and he's miffed. He sits on the tapes and comes forward to have his revenge when reporters start calling. The problem with this scenario is why didn't the Cheatriots say that?

Yeah, he did this terrible thing, tried to get us to use it and we refused because we're so honest.

Maybe they were afraid that there would be too risky, like cheating is rife in the organization and that would be to much exposure on the details of what really goes on.

Stay tuned, it's gonna get real interesting

This is exactly what they're setting up--see point 6 of my ealier thread on my quick read of the Agt. (I'm a corporate lawyer by day, sadly.) The Agt. spends a lot of time talking about whether and when Walsh will be presumed to have been acting at the Pats' request (such circumstances arguably do not include taping another team's walkthrough) and puts the burden of proof on him "by a preponderance of the evidence" in other non-listed situations to show he was acting at their request. Sounds to me like (a) the tape may well in fact exist if they're spending this much ink in the Agt. on it (but we'll see) and (b) the Pats and the NFL are setting up the argument that Walsh was a lone gunman on this one (which to me will be completely non-believable no matter how much they spin it--for ex., if he did tape it on his own, you mean to tell me he never, ever showed it to anyone else there? I mean, wouldn't that be the point of doing this, to impress your bosses with how devious you can be? Or was he just filming it for his personal collection? If he did show it to anyone else there, shouldn't they have brought this up during the investigation into all of this in the fall? I mean, the Pats can't have it both ways in such a case. At a bare minimum they would have lied to the Commish's office about this then.)

I do not practice law, but I do have a law degree and you are 100% correct on your point 6. You can see this coming a mile away. I hope he has that Rams tape, I want to see the Pats throw that lame excuse out there.

It's possible that Walsh did act on his own just to improve his own standing in the organization. Based on what I've read about him, he's overstated his responsibility at times and definitely could've seen this as an opportunity to win points with the staff.

So they turn him down and he's miffed. He sits on the tapes and comes forward to have his revenge when reporters start calling. The problem with this scenario is why didn't the Cheatriots say that?

Yeah, he did this terrible thing, tried to get us to use it and we refused because we're so honest.

Maybe they were afraid that there would be too risky, like cheating is rife in the organization and that would be to much exposure on the details of what really goes on.

Stay tuned, it's gonna get real interesting

I'd just like to refute some common misconceptions about this whole controversy, as they keep getting trotted out as fact by even the people who aren't defending the Asterisks.

Based on what I've read about him, he's overstated his responsibility at times and definitely could've seen this as an opportunity to win points with the staff.

Actually, all of this nonsense about Walsh being a person who embellishes his resume is stuff written by a Boston Globe flunky who's "investigative story" reads like a "What not to do" in writing an investigative news story. Furthermore, most of the Asterisk's spin stuff has been mindlessly regurgitated by a guy, Mike Reiss, who writes a blog for the Boston Globe, the only reporter for any media outlet who has had unfettered and exclusive access to the Asterisks. From Krafty Bob's mouth right to the internets. Don't for a second think that this guy is asking the tough questions, or even following up the softball questions.

He sits on the tapes and comes forward to have his revenge when reporters start calling.

Except he worked for the team for an entire calendar year after the fact, and hasn't made a peep about any of this for going on five years, and only when tracked down in Hawaii by reporters.

Let me remind people, Matt Walsh is not the person in the wrong here. The P*ts cheated. Let's say that again because it's pretty relevent despite what the jock sniffers and toe suckers that hang around Krafty Bob's back door waiting for table scraps would have you believe. The P*ts cheated. Not only that, they were massively fined, lost a draft pick (the wrong one IMO) and the coach was massively fined. They also stood in the way for months now trying to squash what Matt Walsh has. One has to ask why they would go to those legal lengths, why they would plant erroneous stories about the guy, why they would shut out everyone in the media except for their trained parrot. I think we all know the answer to that. We also all know that just like the tapes from last fall that no one saw, anything Walsh has will be summarily destroyed by the league. What has the league got to lose in sweeping this under the rug? Sure, non-asterisks fans will shout and shake their fists. But as soon as training camps start up, no one but a handfull of us "jealous" types will care.

Walsh most definately has the goods. But we most definately will never know what they are. The Asterisks and Belicheat have been massaging this story, planting PR spin as news, and sytematically setting up a plausable deniability defense for months. It all comes down to who has more money, who has the better lawyers, who's willing to be the bigger piece of scum, and who's willing to roll over and have their belly scratched. That's a good boy, Roger.

I'd just like to refute some common misconceptions about this whole controversy, as they keep getting trotted out as fact by even the people who aren't defending the Asterisks.

Based on what I've read about him, he's overstated his responsibility at times and definitely could've seen this as an opportunity to win points with the staff.

Actually, all of this nonsense about Walsh being a person who embellishes his resume is stuff written by a Boston Globe flunky who's "investigative story" reads like a "What not to do" in writing an investigative news story. Furthermore, most of the Asterisk's spin stuff has been mindlessly regurgitated by a guy, Mike Reiss, who writes a blog for the Boston Globe, the only reporter for any media outlet who has had unfettered and exclusive access to the Asterisks. From Krafty Bob's mouth right to the internets. Don't for a second think that this guy is asking the tough questions, or even following up the softball questions.

He sits on the tapes and comes forward to have his revenge when reporters start calling.

Except he worked for the team for an entire calendar year after the fact, and hasn't made a peep about any of this for going on five years, and only when tracked down in Hawaii by reporters.

Let me remind people, Matt Walsh is not the person in the wrong here. The P*ts cheated. Let's say that again because it's pretty relevent despite what the jock sniffers and toe suckers that hang around Krafty Bob's back door waiting for table scraps would have you believe. The P*ts cheated. Not only that, they were massively fined, lost a draft pick (the wrong one IMO) and the coach was massively fined. They also stood in the way for months now trying to squash what Matt Walsh has. One has to ask why they would go to those legal lengths, why they would plant erroneous stories about the guy, why they would shut out everyone in the media except for their trained parrot. I think we all know the answer to that. We also all know that just like the tapes from last fall that no one saw, anything Walsh has will be summarily destroyed by the league. What has the league got to lose in sweeping this under the rug? Sure, non-asterisks fans will shout and shake their fists. But as soon as training camps start up, no one but a handfull of us "jealous" types will care.

Walsh most definately has the goods. But we most definately will never know what they are. The Asterisks and Belicheat have been massaging this story, planting PR spin as news, and sytematically setting up a plausable deniability defense for months. It all comes down to who has more money, who has the better lawyers, who's willing to be the bigger piece of scum, and who's willing to roll over and have their belly scratched. That's a good boy, Roger.

LOL....Classic, and right on the money!!!