Reggie Nelson

When is he projected to go? He was a beast at the University of Florida.... if we need a DB, why not look to this guy as a 2nd or one of our third round picks? I think for someone who was ABSOLUTELY dominant at his position on the national champion team, he has flown under the radar... AND speaking of UF..I know a guy who has a slight character issue that used to play for them Marcus Thomas who would shore up our DT position in a heart beat...

When is he projected to go? He was a beast at the University of Florida.... if we need a DB, why not look to this guy as a 2nd or one of our third round picks? I think for someone who was ABSOLUTELY dominant at his position on the national champion team, he has flown under the radar... AND speaking of UF..I know a guy who has a slight character issue that used to play for them Marcus Thomas who would shore up our DT position in a heart beat...

He hasn't flown under anybodies radar. He was projected to be a top 15 pick for a while; now it looks like landry has jumped ahead of him as the #1 Safety due to his combine performance. But he is still a definite 1st round pick.

And there is no way in hell we are drafting him!

Didnt some of our defensive draft coups of last year involve definate top tier picks that slipped to the third round or second day?

Yes, but my point is that we already have two starting safeties that we drafted last year. Nelson is a prime player and will be drafted by somebody early to start immediately.

That is true, the draft is really deep in DB's though the more I think about it. no real need to draft one in round one....And since we got several DT's last year, we probably wont draft one of them first round either... so I guess it is LB, or RB eh?

That is true, the draft is really deep in DB's though the more I think about it. no real need to draft one in round one....And since we got several DT's last year, we probably wont draft one of them first round either... so I guess it is LB, or RB eh?

Yes, LB or Rb is much more likely in round one, imo, especially LB.

Yeah, Kyle Williams and John McCargo are racing to Canton as we speak. The DL stinks and a stud is needed. Williams and Tripplett are undersized, McCargo is an unknown and Anderson is the worst DT I have ever seen in a Bills uniform after August.

If McCargo steps up our DT's go from pathetic to weak. Another is needed... and not some leftover on day 2 of the draft.

Yeah, Kyle Williams and John McCargo are racing to Canton as we speak. The DL stinks and a stud is needed. Williams and Tripplett are undersized, McCargo is an unknown and Anderson is the worst DT I have ever seen in a Bills uniform after August.

If McCargo steps up our DT's go from pathetic to weak. Another is needed... and not some leftover on day 2 of the draft.

Yeah I agree...I am on the Marcus Thomas campaign --only because I think he can be had late enough due to his pot use in college lol.

Yeah I agree...I am on the Marcus Thomas campaign --only because I think he can be had late enough due to his pot use in college lol.

I don't know anything about this guy. If he has had several other issues should be avoided but if not...

I just want a guy who wants to take the QB's head off instead of a guy who is lucky to stay on his feet (Anderson).

I don't know anything about this guy. If he has had several other issues should be avoided but if not...

I just want a guy who wants to take the QB's head off instead of a guy who is lucky to stay on his feet (Anderson).

Here is some RIVALS info on him

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=631785

Here is from the UF site

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:dIbg_...;cd=1&gl=us

I am trying to dig up his stats, but in 5 games he had something like 4 sacks, last year. He is just a very disruptive force.

This post is racing to Canton as we speak! :devil:

McCargo is a 1st round pick that we traded up for. We are obviously going to give him a chance to show his stuff, which hasn't happened yet because he's hardly played. For this reason, it is also highly unlikely that Marv will invest a second 1st round pick in a row on a DT, when there are other positions that have yet to be addressed at all. This is logical, all though by no means a sure thing.

It was a surprise Williams contributed as much as he did last year, and it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he will show further improvement and become a better player. You, however, seem to discount the possibility of a player i]improving[/i] upon their rookie campaign. You have to show patience with young players that you draft that show potential. Otherwise, how do you build a team?

Anderson is Anderson. No argument there. It certainly is no skin off our back to bring him to camp again and see what happens from there.

Tripplett showed improvement the second half of the season. Hopefully he becomes more comfortable with the system, and hopefully Williams' improvement or the improvement of whoever mans the other DT spot will continue his improvement. The simple fact also is that we have invested too much money in Tripplett to marginalize him. So we will see.

The whole "undersized" slam is really odd, because our coaching staff and HOF general manager all seem to think that all of our "undersized" DT's are exactly the right size that we need to play the kind of defense that we play. Criticizing execution is one thing. Saying they are all "undersized" is just a cop-out superficial way of saying that they did not execute their respective roles and assignments in our defense as well as they should have.

The truth is all of our DT's that win a spot on this year's upcoming team will need to improve their execution for us to be a better team, especially against the run. There is a reason that we do not sign or draft 340 lb. DT's, and that is not because it supremely pisses off all the armchair fans who know who should play DT better than professional NFL coaches :ph34r:

This post is racing to Canton as we speak! :devil:

McCargo is a 1st round pick that we traded up for. We are obviously going to give him a chance to show his stuff, which hasn't happened yet because he's hardly played. For this reason, it is also highly unlikely that Marv will invest a second 1st round pick in a row on a DT, when there are other positions that have yet to be addressed at all. This is logical, all though by no means a sure thing.

It was a surprise Williams contributed as much as he did last year, and it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he will show further improvement and become a better player. You, however, seem to discount the possibility of a player i]improving[/i] upon their rookie campaign. You have to show patience with young players that you draft that show potential. Otherwise, how do you build a team?

Anderson is Anderson. No argument there. It certainly is no skin off our back to bring him to camp again and see what happens from there.

Tripplett showed improvement the second half of the season. Hopefully he becomes more comfortable with the system, and hopefully Williams' improvement or the improvement of whoever mans the other DT spot will continue his improvement. The simple fact also is that we have invested too much money in Tripplett to marginalize him. So we will see.

The whole "undersized" slam is really odd, because our coaching staff and HOF general manager all seem to think that all of our "undersized" DT's are exactly the right size that we need to play the kind of defense that we play. Criticizing execution is one thing. Saying they are all "undersized" is just a cop-out superficial way of saying that they did not execute their respective roles and assignments in our defense as well as they should have.

The truth is all of our DT's that win a spot on this year's upcoming team will need to improve their execution for us to be a better team, especially against the run. There is a reason that we do not sign or draft 340 lb. DT's, and that is not because it supremely pisses off all the armchair fans who know who should play DT better than professional NFL coaches :ph34r:

[/quote

Paragraph by paragraph

1. All I said about McCargo is that he is an unknown. He was a first round pick in name only. Although it was rumored that the Giants were interested in him, teams like the Chargers, had him rated a fourth round prospect. I hope he turns in to something

2. All Williams showed is that he , if given time, could be a poor man's Jeff Wright/Mike Lodish. I have all the games taped (will be glad to send them to you) and see a lot of plays that he is near and around and NOT making. Sure he is a rookie, I'll give you that, but he doesn't give me as much confidence as you that he'll be anything more than a scrub.

3.Anderson. Enough said

4. The money the Bills spent on a journeyman DT like Tripplett does not justify not trying to take a stud early, unless they are more concerned about not looking like they made a mistake rather than improving a pathetically weak area.

5. Undersized. You are right. They didn't execute either. They also got their a$$es blown off the ball because they were small and with minimal talent, technique.... whatever. They are horrible.

6. I never claim to know more than the coaches and neither do you. But some on this board want to blindly say the Bills know what they are doing and blame everything on the previous regime. The other side continually criticizes every move. They are both very tiresome.

I have been a fan since 1965 and will be the happiest guy on the face of the earth if the Bills WON a Superbowl before I die.

But the continual attacks with the "Trust Marv', "You think you know more than the management", arguments are weak, at best.

The I trust Marv contingent must remember that Polian made the picks in the 80's/90's and Polian has something that Levy does not...A RING

I just don't see a sniff at the playoffs without an upgrade to a horrible defensive line. If that is being an armchair QB, so be it.

Go Bills !

I would guess in the 12-18 range. I'd love for him to slip to the Pats at #24, but after his great pro ay workout, I doubt he'll last that long. He's a playmaker.

DraftTek has him going in the 2nd Round to Denver at pick #56. We pick at #43. They have us picking Brandon Siler ILB at that spot, and not drafting DT.