Willis McGahee "the idea" vs....

As many of you know I have always been a huge McGahee fan. But here's the thing: early in the week I thought that I would end up being pissed about any trade involving McGahee. Turns out, I'm not. I don't feel bad at all. Now, I am also an optimist, to the point that you could call me, and many do, a Marv apologist.(not Donahoe) But I don't think that's it. To my surprise:I just don't really feel bad about it. When you take into consideration what we got, it's hard to say who got the better deal(for now, I think we did because we have options and are not on the hook for a ridiculous contract extension/holdout/pissing and moaning dramafest = issues a young team doesn't need).

I have been thinking this morning, and have arrived at the following:

I liked the idea of McGahee, the ultimate comeback kid, and then going out and kicking all that azz(stiff arm) in his first year back. It was fun back then to finally be able to talk schit back to all the fans of our division rivals, when we could say, "Guess who's back? Hope you had fun talking smack about how stupid we were because - OH! What a stiff arm!", and then watch as their smiles, their team's D, and playoff hopes(- the pats, but he definitely shut them up a few times), turned upside down. It was cool that once again we as Bills fans were collectively willing to be the better guy, give a guy a second chance, and then see that charity payoff in "Wham, another stiff arm!". If nothing else, we showed the league/ESPN that they were wrong, again, about this team.

I hated the player that was McGahee. The dancing at the line, the goofing off, always being 1/2 a second behind, and knowing that after his first year he was only willing to run hard against the Jets - so he could talk smack to Vilma after the game. I hate the fact that, given the charity and goodwill we showed this guy, he acted like we were a bunch of rubes, and that he was entitled to it. This is not Miami and we are not the superficial, and to be honest, blatantly stupid douchebags that dominate that down(I've worked there for extended periods so don't bother with the "How do I know" - it's literally the only place in the country where I have been proofed for Coca-Cola, twice, in one week, at different stores - I have many stories like this one). I suppose that one could argue that it's not Willis' fault, since that's where he came from. But, when a team and a city goes out of its way to accommodate you, hell - take a HUGE risk on you, and all you do is pay lip service to that commitment, you're not representing your half of the "idea" that we all liked, and thought you liked.

So I think that's why I don't care as much I thought I would. I feel like the guy could have been so much more had he simply acted like a man instead of a boy. It was a nice idea, but it ain't real. So, whattya got left? Just old Willy not knowing what down it is. :lol: After the draft, hell after the first four games, we'll see who got the better deal, but for now, I'm just glad to get this over with, and not have Rosenhaus and Willis drag this on and on all year = distractions we don't need.

As many of you know I have always been a huge McGahee fan. But here's the thing: early in the week I thought that I would end up being pissed about any trade involving McGahee. Turns out, I'm not. I don't feel bad at all. Now, I am also an optimist, to the point that you could call me, and many do, a Marv apologist.(not Donahoe) But I don't think that's it. To my surprise:I just don't really feel bad about it. When you take into consideration what we got, it's hard to say who got the better deal(for now, I think we did because we have options and are not on the hook for a ridiculous contract extension/holdout/pissing and moaning dramafest = issues a young team doesn't need).

I have been thinking this morning, and have arrived at the following:

I liked the idea of McGahee, the ultimate comeback kid, and then going out and kicking all that azz(stiff arm) in his first year back. It was fun back then to finally be able to talk schit back to all the fans of our division rivals, when we could say, "Guess who's back? Hope you had fun talking smack about how stupid we were because - OH! What a stiff arm!", and then watch as their smiles, their team's D, and playoff hopes(- the pats, but he definitely shut them up a few times), turned upside down. It was cool that once again we as Bills fans were collectively willing to be the better guy, give a guy a second chance, and then see that charity payoff in "Wham, another stiff arm!". If nothing else, we showed the league/ESPN that they were wrong, again, about this team.

I hated the player that was McGahee. The dancing at the line, the goofing off, always being 1/2 a second behind, and knowing that after his first year he was only willing to run hard against the Jets - so he could talk smack to Vilma after the game. I hate the fact that, given the charity and goodwill we showed this guy, he acted like we were a bunch of rubes, and that he was entitled to it. This is not Miami and we are not the superficial, and to be honest, blatantly stupid douchebags that dominate that down(I've worked there for extended periods so don't bother with the "How do I know" - it's literally the only place in the country where I have been proofed for Coca-Cola, twice, in one week, at different stores - I have many stories like this one). I suppose that one could argue that it's not Willis' fault, since that's where he came from. But, when a team and a city goes out of its way to accommodate you, hell - take a HUGE risk on you, and all you do is pay lip service to that commitment, you're not representing your half of the "idea" that we all liked, and thought you liked.

So I think that's why I don't care as much I thought I would. I feel like the guy could have been so much more had he simply acted like a man instead of a boy. It was a nice idea, but it ain't real. So, whattya got left? Just old Willy not knowing what down it is. :( After the draft, hell after the first four games, we'll see who got the better deal, but for now, I'm just glad to get this over with, and not have Rosenhaus and Willis drag this on and on all year = distractions we don't need.

:lol: