What Do Pats Fans Think of Us Trading McGahee?

So your a sheep? You picked your team based on a gift that some one gave you?

I had no allegiance to any team before that. I had always seen people I grew up around root for the Giants, but they never appealed to me. Still, it always seemed like fun to have a team to root for. So I took the gift as a sign of sorts, and started rooting for the Pats.

I had no allegiance to any team before that. I had always seen people I grew up around root for the Giants, but they never appealed to me. Still, it always seemed like fun to have a team to root for. So I took the gift as a sign of sorts, and started rooting for the Pats.

That's not too bad.

I thought Edwards showed promise as a young back, but i have to admit, i felt relieved when he got hurt. Almost as relieved as if Laurence Maroney were to get hurt.

Mind the Karma buddy, we don't want these things coming back on us :censored:

Seriously, they are presuming a lot, as though IF this trade happens we won't use both or at least one 2nd(one we had one we get) to pick up a running back. And supposedly RB is the easiest position to make an immediate contribution in.

I think the ones who are presuming a lot are those who assume that any draft choice will step right in and be even a credible starting RB when he might quite easily not even be as productive as the much maligned WM.

I agree that RB is the easiest position to fill from the draft, but folks seem to make the jump that just because it is easiest relative to other positions that this will be easily done. These are two different things. These are the reasons for not to make the presumptions folks are making about a rookie pick starting.

1. Let's say that Lynch or whomever you pick actually turns out to be a player of the quality of a Larry Johnson from KC. Picking someone as good as this stud would be a great choice by the Bills in the big picture, but even a player of Johnson's quality ran for about a buck-fifty in first year yardage and magnified that to 500 yards his second year.

Even worse, this even assumes that the player we choose is not a bust (it happens) not to mention all rookies are boldly going where they have never been before after they play about 12 games. It simply is a huge risk to count on a rookie being your #1 RB.

2. OK let's assume that this runner is the new Thurman or OJ (or actually the next Willis McGahee since he got to 2,000 yards rushing faster than either of these two). Still the issue of blitz pickup is simply huge when we have invested so much of our hopes and dreams in JP Losman, If I am him I am really pissed if the Bills draft a rookie as our starting RB because even if he is a great runner I know I am going to have to run for my life on 3rd down a few times this season.

3. McGahee may have to go because head fan Ralph is pissed at him for his stupid attitude toward women and his kids and his dumb speeched on franchise location, but Ralph would be a fool to ignore the other factors which were a part of our lousy running attack. Fortunately, Marv realizes that merely replacing Willis does not make this a good running team.

He has done a major upgrade on the OL as quite likely we will see the next #1 RB fail to gain a yard on a 3rd and short play when the OL gets zero push. Unfortunately, there still remains the issue that IMHO Fairchild did not successfully call upon or use WM in the passing game. WM showed some potential in college for greater receiver usage and even showed on plays like the first one in the Ravens game where he started us off with a major gain on a reception only to see the play called back on a dumb shifting penalty which seemed to give the Bills no advantage on the play.

The Fairchild problem is that he never went back to this approach at all and seemed to let Ds dictate his games too much last year.

WM appears likely to go because Ralph does not like him, but from a football standpoint, WM still has the potential he has shown with the Bills in his first season and a half of play and in the MYJ games last year. Further, for those who judge him unmotivated he will play with maximum financial motivation this season.

Further, WM would likely damage himself a ton financially if he were to hold out after a horrible season last year and historically Rosenidiot does tend to bring his clients to camp.

Finally, even if WM does well this year, the Bills still hold the initiative as they can franchise him or simply pay him a new deal if they chose.

It may work to trade WM (I hope it works if they do) but if they plan to replace him with a draft choice is does not look good for us. It can work its just that the odds are against this working out bigtime.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-c...o&type=lgns

McGahee didn't spend any time in Buffalo last offseason learning the new playbook under coach Dick Jauron. The Bills are expecting more of the same this offseason.

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks [in pass protection] a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.

"He just doesn't study. … His teammates noticed it, and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room."

McGahee missed two games last season and rushed for a career-low 990 yards. He averaged 3.8 yards per carry last season and has averaged 3.9 for his career

Idiots for trading this guy?

I think the ones who are presuming a lot are those who assume that any draft choice will step right in and be even a credible starting RB when he might quite easily not even be as productive as the much maligned WM.

I agree that RB is the easiest position to fill from the draft, but folks seem to make the jump that just because it is easiest relative to other positions that this will be easily done. These are two different things. These are the reasons for not to make the presumptions folks are making about a rookie pick starting.

1. Let's say that Lynch or whomever you pick actually turns out to be a player of the quality of a Larry Johnson from KC. Picking someone as good as this stud would be a great choice by the Bills in the big picture, but even a player of Johnson's quality ran for about a buck-fifty in first year yardage and magnified that to 500 yards his second year.

Then again, Jones-Drew ripped it up this past year and what was the guy, a second rounder? 60th overall? I think picking up Dillon then drafting a speedy back pressing for time would be a wonderful move for this team.