Marv's Blue Print

Here is Marv's Blue Print for FA

A. Offensive Line

1. Marv covets big, strong, athletic, versitile linemen who are coachable.

2. He wants to develop a core of linemen who are young and have plenty of "upside".

3. With Dockery and Peters, the left side is set for the next 5 years and Fowler is adequate for now.

4. During his press conference last month, Marv challenged Duke to improve this year. Whittle is a safe, inexpensive insurance policy in case Duke does not rise to the occasion. In that case the Bills would address a long term solution at right guard during next off-season.

5. Believe it or not, $25 million is the going rate for a good RT and thats what we paid for with Walker. Now the question is whether Walker is good. Based on his past performance the answer is probably no, however, Mcnally has seen enough of Walker during evaluations to see that he has the drive and ability to steadily improve each year. Also, he is would be an immediate upgrade over Pennington. Walker was the person with the right attitude and most potential who was available. Also, improving the RT will free up the TE to get more involved in the passing game.

6. Marv knows what TD didn't. That is, if you must invest in quality linemen it will allow your skill people to be successful and not get frustrated. TD invested in skill players but always took the cheap route to fill line positions.

B. RB - Willis is Outta here!

1. Willis struggled at times going to the right hole. It is not a result of his competence but rather his inability to be in sync with his offensive linemen. By missing the mini camps, Willis dis not build synergy with his linemen and does not recognize when to make adjustments based on defensive fronts. This comes can be resoved by repetition and film study. Also, Willis lacks vision. A good running back can see the whole field not just the point of attack. Finally, Willis does not set up his blocks, which requires patience and shiftiness.

2. HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE IN BUFFALO!!!

C. Fletcher-Baker

I'll miss him, he was a class act! But if you read between the lines, Marv did not feel he was the long-term answer at MLB. Therefore, unwilling to invest $25 million.

D. Clements

I'll miss him too but $80 million? Are you kidding me?

Stop...you are sounding too sane for this venue. This board has become overrun with psycotic nut bags and a post as eloquent and accurate as yours does not belong on this board.

My 2 cents is... dude, thank you ... especially for keeping it real.

Here is Marv's Blue Print for FA

A. Offensive Line

1. Marv covets big, strong, athletic, versitile linemen who are coachable.

2. He wants to develop a core of linemen who are young and have plenty of "upside".

3. With Dockery and Peters, the left side is set for the next 5 years and Fowler is adequate for now.

4. During his press conference last month, Marv challenged Duke to improve this year. Whittle is a safe, inexpensive insurance policy in case Duke does not rise to the occasion. In that case the Bills would address a long term solution at right guard during next off-season.

5. Believe it or not, $25 million is the going rate for a good RT and thats what we paid for with Walker. Now the question is whether Walker is good. Based on his past performance the answer is probably no, however, Mcnally has seen enough of Walker during evaluations to see that he has the drive and ability to steadily improve each year. Also, he is would be an immediate upgrade over Pennington. Walker was the person with the right attitude and most potential who was available. Also, improving the RT will free up the TE to get more involved in the passing game.

6. Marv knows what TD didn't. That is, if you must invest in quality linemen it will allow your skill people to be successful and not get frustrated. TD invested in skill players but always took the cheap route to fill line positions.

B. RB - Willis is Outta here!

1. Willis struggled at times going to the right hole. It is not a result of his competence but rather his inability to be in sync with his offensive linemen. By missing the mini camps, Willis dis not build synergy with his linemen and does not recognize when to make adjustments based on defensive fronts. This comes can be resoved by repetition and film study. Also, Willis lacks vision. A good running back can see the whole field not just the point of attack. Finally, Willis does not set up his blocks, which requires patience and shiftiness.

2. HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE IN BUFFALO!!!

C. Fletcher-Baker

I'll miss him, he was a class act! But if you read between the lines, Marv did not feel he was the long-term answer at MLB. Therefore, unwilling to invest $25 million.

D. Clements

I'll miss him too but $80 million? Are you kidding me?

Is there a corner in the mix anywhere?