WHAT A GREAT SUPER BOWL!!!!

Has there EVER been a 4th quarter played in Dolphins Stadium where there weren't a bunch of empty orange seats in the crowd?

If you had Indy -7 or had any interest in the over/under, I'm sure you found the game exciting right until the end. Personally, I took the Colts and the under 48, and I would like to thank Tony Dungy for his excellent coaching decision to bypass the FG late in the game and keep the total at 46.

Personally, I loved the rain. And the early missed XP threw everybody's squares out of whack. Suddenly 7 wasn't a great number anymore...I thought it was great! Can you imagine if the game was in Orchard Park yesterday? It was blizzard conditions and there was a driving ban...I'm sure the NFL execs and other corporate-types would've loved that!!!

i laid the 7 also...i wanted to parlay the under but my guy offers such lousy odds that it wasn't worth the risk. anyway, i tip my hat to you.

WTF is Don Shula's problem? So he gets to carry the Lombardi trophy up to the podium. Goodell presents the trophy to Colts owner Ursay and leaves the stage to allow the Colts to enjoy the limelight. Don Shula??? Well, he stays up on the podium behind Peyton, and Dungy, and Ursay. Get the frig off the stage Donnie. Your time has long passed. If the Commish can leave the podium, me thinks you can too.

Well in all fairness. Shula was the first coach to take the Colts to the Super Bowl.

Well in all fairness. Shula was the first coach to take the Colts to the Super Bowl.

Do you think it was that nostalgia that motivated Shula to stay on stage?

The Colts mystique is less and less tied to the city of Baltimore as time passes and increasingly is tied to the state of Indiana. Particularly now after winning the Superbowl. I figured Shula was asked to carry the Lombardi to the podium because he was so associated with the city hosting XLI. I also wonder if the Colts arranged for him to stay on the podium with them, in the event they won. One additional person on the stage (i.e., Shula) allows one less Colts player or even management member (Polian perhaps??) to be on the small podium. I wonder if it grated any Colts players having Shula up there instead of one of their own.

Do you think it was that nostalgia that motivated Shula to stay on stage?

The Colts mystique is less and less tied to the city of Baltimore as time passes and increasingly is tied to the state of Indiana. Particularly now after winning the Superbowl. I figured Shula was asked to carry the Lombardi to the podium because he was so associated with the city hosting XLI. I also wonder if the Colts arranged for him to stay on the podium with them, in the event they won. One additional person on the stage (i.e., Shula) allows one less Colts player or even management member (Polian perhaps??) to be on the small podium. I wonder if it grated any Colts players having Shula up there instead of one of their own.

Eh I Think you are looking into it too much. Shula will be remembered as a great Dolphin coach that the Colts were foolish to let go. That said I'm sure Indy fans didn't care

It couldn't have been all that boring. Acccording to these #'s it was the most watched Super Bowl in a decade.

http://www.wrex.com/Sports/index.php?ID=15185

That was because the other networks didn't keep their regular schedule on, so there was no use to turn away. And after the great mouse commercial, even the commercials were a rainout.

Read Greg Easterbrook on Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN page 2 for the best run down of the game that I have read or seen.

That was because the other networks didn't keep their regular schedule on, so there was no use to turn away. And after the great mouse commercial, even the commercials were a rainout.

Read Greg Easterbrook on Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN page 2 for the best run down of the game that I have read or seen.

If anyone gets the NFL Network where they are, they actually provided the Westwood 1 radio feed with Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason. On the screen, they showed real-time, updating stats. I flipped over a few times after enduring some of the excessive commercials on CBS.