Do you think Willis is overrated?

Overrated? Trade?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Overrated? Trade?

• Yes, He's overrated and I would trade him.
    • Yes, He's overrated but I'd keep him.
    • No, He's not overrated.

Yes, Lionel Gates looked good.  Ran hard and low with good quickness.  Must have been something the coaches didn't like that caused them to keep Shaud Williams.

840654[/snapback]

I think it was Shaud's height and amazing strength and muscle composition that kept him on the team.

Gates should have been kept, it may have been a "how much can he contribue on special teams" decision though

Is Gates playing anywhere?

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more of the O-line arguments that always surface when it comes to speaking about why our skill players typically turn in sub-par performances.

c'mon everyone "A good line makes even a bad player look good, our O-line is terrible"

If the Bills don't turn in a good performance this week I'm done blaming the offensive line, it will all go on coaches and the inability of skill players to make anything happen. What? Peerless can't get open? Roscoe can't make plays? Evans isn't turning heads? JP can't throw the 83 yard bomb? Willis can't run faster than anyone?

I'm a bit surprised at the pole result. I'm in agreeance that WM is over-rated but that doesn't mean he is not any good.....just that the general concensus is that he is better than what actually is.

GeneraLee has a great point about the line....those who think the WM won't explode with a top OL & passing game around him are deluded.

I'm constantly amazed at the common(majority it seems) belief that a 1st round draft pick will select a probowl calibre player. Not might....or can....or has a better chance than a 2nd.....but WILL. Far more often than not it will not end up with a probowler & more often than not will not produce a player as good as WM.

McGahee is slow and doesnt hit the hole with any type of authority and more importantly just doesnt get the job done in any short yardage situation

people can make all the excuses they want for McGahee like the offesnive line doesnt create any holes for him or he is swarmed as soon as he gets the ball but Thomas has been able to get two TDs in a very limited role because he follows the play and hits the hole fast which is what a RB is supposed to do, McGahee just wastes too much time in the backfield...even Losman was quoted as saying Thomas just always seems to get yardage when he carries the ball basically saying that McGahee leaves the team in too many 2nd or 3rd and longs

people are still waiting for the McGahee from college to appear and its clear that player is no longer around and wont be coming back

While I think he is a talent, if we can get a good draft pick or better yet, an OL, then do it. It's not his talent that worries me, it's his agent. If WM didn't get hurt this year, I could definitely see him sitting out, waiting for a bigger contract. I doubt he will return to the Bills after next year. He's already shown that by not doing any training up here in Buffalo during the offseason.

Remember the the players that Rosenhaus represented, that sat out for a bigger contract...Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson. It is just a matter of time.

I say, get something while you still can. He's gone after next year, count on it.

Nothing personal but that guy will never have an 1800 yard season......he'd be luck to crack 1600.

840920[/snapback]

I don't think you said anything personal, so no worries.

I also don't think he will have a 1800 yard season, but I think it could happen, and I would hate to see it in a Patriots jersey or another team because we sold him low. I'm fine trading him for good value, or letting him walk for big money somewhere else, but only if it is the right move for our team. I think he is better than any value we would get for him right now. He might not be as good as some supporters think, but I think he is better than most people would say right now, including opposing GMs.

Running back is a pretty replaceable position with a shorter lifespan, so if change happens that's fine. But right now I see us winning the Super Bowl with JP, Willis, Peters, Evans, Whitner, Simpson, McGee, Lindell, Moorman, Spikes, Crowell, Schoebel, and Fletcher (or as many of those guys as we can keep together as our core), and filling the rest of the roster around those guys.

I don't understand how you can say he's overrated. By who? I never see anybody refer to him as a top back. Most people have him pegged accurately, as a solid 2nd-tier halfback. Who's overrating him?

840771[/snapback]

He is over-rated in Buffalo. Outside the region they see him for what he is - a legit starter, but nothing to get excited about. Definately nobody worth mentioning.

It's only here that you hear the 'Run the damn ball' talk and predictions of record-setting seasons.