This Drunk Down the Road

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says it costed $300,000 all paid for by medifreeload. Yet he still owns his own house worth at least $100,000. Should the government be able to seize his house to pay for what we tax payers paid for? Its not fair the tax payers to be left with this bill

836596[/snapback]

You are missing the boat here, the Seagram's company should pay for the new liver.

Says it costed $300,000 all paid for by medifreeload. Yet he still owns his own house worth at least $100,000. Should the government be able to seize his house to pay for what we tax payers paid for? Its not fair the tax payers to be left with this bill

836596[/snapback]

Well...drunks do get more use out of their livers than most people. It's only fair. Better him than some teatotaler who's never had a drink in their life.

Evil right wing bastards to be correct.  They set this poor man up just so they could make a cheap buck and attack medicaid.  This man was unfotunately a pawn in their sick sick game

836645[/snapback]

In fairness, I haven't really decided on this one, the liquor taxes that this fellow has paid over a lifetime might have paved the roads that the ambulances have used to save someone I love, maybe.

Until this fellow needed a liver, he was an American hero. Giving his tax money above and beyond the call.

In fairness, I haven't really decided on this one, the liquor taxes that this fellow has paid over a lifetime might have paved the roads that the ambulances have used to save someone I love, maybe.

Until this fellow needed a liver, he was an American hero. Giving his tax money above and beyond the call.

836652[/snapback]

Oh you're so right. I was so wrapped up in my evil corporate bastards mode, that I completely neglected to look at the humanitarian aspect of this case. I feel less bitter now. Thank you for giving me a fresh perspective.

I'm calling BS.  They almost never give a new liver to someone who lost theirs via alcoholism.  The list of otherwise-healthy recipients is far too long.

836663[/snapback]

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving,

And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour.....

It's 100% true. And think about it, how many non-drinkrers lose there liver? Most everyone who gets a transplant is a drunk

836685[/snapback]

And what source are you pulling this "information" from? A house worth $100K is really not worth that much. So how do you know this person actually did not have the money? Are you a doctor? There can be multitude of legitimate reasons a non drunk can loose their liver. As said before, the chances of a drunk getting a new liver are minimal at best.

And what source are you pulling this "information" from?  A house worth $100K is really not worth that much.  So how do you know this person actually did not have the money? Are you a doctor?  There can be multitude of legitimate reasons a non drunk can loose their liver. As said before, the chances of a drunk getting a new liver are minimal at best.

836699[/snapback]

He knows. He's trolling. Why even bother?