• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when did he overthrow him last week?

every other game this year? way to be specific

no that was Andre Davis

824721[/snapback]

....& the Andre Davis overthrow against the Lions that was mentioned in media articles was in fact Davis' fault by sticking his arms out too early & slowing down.

Personally I'm not worried at all about JPs deep ball. It was one of his few 'strengths' noted throughout his career....give him time to be comfortable in the pocket & develop a rapport with the WRs & I think we would see a lot of successful deep passes.

Evans is fine, if you compare his stats at this point last year to this year's stats, they will likely be very similar. In each of his first two seasons he's had slow starts and torn it up in the second half of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if this trend continues and he has a dominant second half of the season.

I believe that he will have a big time game tomorrow against the Packers, his and Losman are going to have a field day, even against Harris.

The jury's still out on Price, he hasn't been very effective but it's hard to say whether that's because of him or the inconsistancy from Losman.

Johnson was doing the same thing before Moulds.  He's a terrific WR

824730[/snapback]

I agree Andre Johnson is a great talent but to be fair

2005 Houston Texans 13 13 63 688 10.9 53 2

2006 Houston Texans 7 7 56 669 11.9 53 4

so he basically matched his last years totals in 6 less games. Not saying that Moulds is the reason for that, but I'm sure moulds draws far more attention then corey bradford or jabar gaffney. Johnson is on pace for a carrer best 128 receptions 1500+ yards and 9 tds. Whatever the reason. I'm sure having moulds around if nothing more then for his experience is a great benefit. Moulds is one of my favorite bills players ever, and it was time to leave. While I think Evans can be a very good wr, we lack playmakers on offense. A horrible oline, no legit 2nd receiving option, and no true te.

Evans is a #1 Wr, BUT Jp hasn't given him the ball.  I don't think Jp trusts Evans.  I think Evans get thrown to 3 times a game and everyone else gets thrown to more.

824548[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding.

JP hooked up with Evans for a TD three times in one GAME last year. JP tries to get him the ball all the time. Fact is, he's double- and triple-covered with little to no help from Reed, Price and whomever is manning the fourth spot these days.

Let's also mention that Roscoe has been hurt and his absence has been hurting the offense. Having that speed threat in there is absolutely a big deal.

well that QB passed the ball really well to evans last year.  difference now evans doesn't have what it takes to be a #1 WR.  he's an excellent #2 because of his speed but he's not as physical as a steve smith, doesn't win size matchups like TO and doesn't have the athletic ability of a randy moss. 

people can continue to deny the obvious but this team has a glaring need at WR now too.

824503[/snapback]

Last I checked there are 32 teams in the NFL, each of which have a #1 receiver. So Evans needs to be the 16th best receiver to be an above average #1. I'm not saying he is there yet, but naming three guys better than him doesn't make him incapable.

I think that Evans does have #1 receiver ability, but is going to struggle when the team is not effective protecting the quarterback and does not have other receiving threats. He will grow with this team and be the #1 if that is where he is penciled in, and be a great #2 if we get someone better than him (not a priority in my mind).

He reminds me most of Steve Smith. I don't know if he will emerge to that incredible level that Smith has in Carolina, but he still has time. He has outperformed Smith by any measure through his first two seasons, and Smith did not have a breakout season until last year his *sixth*, playing for a Super Bowl caliber team. By that standard Lee has until 2008 to get there, and settling in with his personal QB (Manning-Harrison) could keep us on that pace.

We need better talent on both lines, and better play and from the other positions as they gain experience. We have an outstanding core of young players, and if Peters can emerge, and we can get something out of Triplett and eventually McCargo, we have fewer holes to plug than it would appear.

Last I checked there are 32 teams in the NFL, each of which have a #1 receiver.  So Evans needs to be the 16th best receiver to be an above average #1.  I'm not saying he is there yet, but naming three guys better than him doesn't make him incapable.

I think that Evans does have #1 receiver ability, but is going to struggle when the team is not effective protecting the quarterback and does not have other receiving threats.  He will grow with this team and be the #1 if that is where he is penciled in, and be a great #2 if we get someone better than him (not a priority in my mind).

He reminds me most of Steve Smith.  I don't know if he will emerge to that incredible level that Smith has in Carolina, but he still has time.  He has outperformed Smith by any measure through his first two seasons, and Smith did not have a breakout season until last year his *sixth*, playing for a Super Bowl caliber team.  By that standard Lee has until 2008 to get there, and settling in with his personal QB (Manning-Harrison) could keep us on that pace.

We need better talent on both lines, and better play and from the other positions as they gain experience.  We have an outstanding core of young players, and if Peters can emerge, and we can get something out of Triplett and eventually McCargo, we have fewer holes to plug than it would appear.

824790[/snapback]

I see it this way. Evans DEFINATELY could still become a good #1 WR ... BUT, he is definately lacking right now. Good #1 WR's make the other decent WR's on the field better (getting them open). Evans hasnt done that. Price has shown that he is good enough to be a very good #2. ERIC MOULDS brought that Price out. Evans hasnt.

Name 3 teams Losman has overthrown Evans in the endzone.

And David Carr was benched? Thats ridiculous. He had 1,217, 9 TD's and 4 INT's with a 70% completion percentage and 94 Qb rating. How the heck could you bench him?

824600[/snapback]

He was, though. Koob sat him down in favor of our old buddy Sage Rosenfels last week, after Carr lost fumbles on consecutive drives just before and after halftime. (The first one was returned for a Titans TD.) Carr's still the starter there, no doubt, but GK apparently wanted to send the message that turnovers are unacceptable.

(So Rosenfels comes in and throws a pick on his first series. ;) )

Some other random thoughts on this thread:

-Interestingly, Moulds is averaging about 1.5 yards more per catch this season and already has 5 receptions of 20+ yards, matching his total from 2005. That said, Eric wanted to move on, and the Bills (rightly) weren't interested in paying the huge salary he was due this season. Hail and farewell, E-Mo.

-Evans is one of the (very) few guys I'm NOT worried about on this offense.

-And sorry to pile on, LSI, but that was a bad guess. In seven games Evans has been targeted 65 times, or an average of over nine/game. (In fact, the more likely argument would be that Losman is locking onto Lee TOO much... and that defensive coordinators have picked up on that and shifted their coverage accordingly.)

Washington Post: WR targeting data

I read a couple weeks ago that Moulds had been thrown the ball 25 times and he caught 22 of those balls and of those 22 catches, he got 15 first downs and scored once.  That's pretty sick.

824802[/snapback]

I think EMO is doing a great job over there.....he certainly wasn't worth 7mil & that is why he didn't get paid 7mil....but he is still a good WR. Why does everything on this board have to be all one way...or all the other? (not refering to you BuffOrange)

The Moulds trade to Houston seems to have been good for no one:

- Houston's passing offense if even worse and Carr has been benched for the first time in his NFL career

- Evans production is way off and he only has 1 TD through 7 games

- Moulds is on a losing team and isn't making any more money than he was in Buffalo

The reason for all this? Moulds and Losman were not the best of friends.  Moulds called out the coaches for going with a work-in-progress like Losman when the not-so-young vet wanted to play on a team with a chance to win now.  Losman responded by de-emphasizing Moulds in the passing game and throwing mostly to Evans.

Seems like another big sacrifice for the Losman experiment which had better start paying off fast otherwise it will go down as one of the most costly multi-year gambles in Bills history.

824469[/snapback]

How about blaming the people that manage and run this team for a change?

Start with Ralph Wilson. Would we be better off with Holcomb? Please!

Our line is a joke. McGahee's overrated. Wasn't Willis and the running game supposed to lead this team?

Everyone got excited about Steve Fairchild but he's also been one of the worst OCs we have ever had.

Meanwhile everyone's waiting for a leopard to change his spots. Good luck.

We're screwed until we have some people running this team that know what they are doing.

The Moulds trade to Houston seems to have been good for no one:

- Houston's passing offense if even worse and Carr has been benched for the first time in his NFL career

- Evans production is way off and he only has 1 TD through 7 games

- Moulds is on a losing team and isn't making any more money than he was in Buffalo

The reason for all this? Moulds and Losman were not the best of friends.  Moulds called out the coaches for going with a work-in-progress like Losman when the not-so-young vet wanted to play on a team with a chance to win now.  Losman responded by de-emphasizing Moulds in the passing game and throwing mostly to Evans.

Seems like another big sacrifice for the Losman experiment which had better start paying off fast otherwise it will go down as one of the most costly multi-year gambles in Bills history.

824469[/snapback]

So you don't think he misses DB at all?